Love Me Like You Do

Song for the chapter: Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding (I LOVE this song so effing much.) 

She had a killer headache.

“Holy shit.” She mumbled. She tried to remember the night before but couldn’t remember past saying bye to Ed. “SHIT.” She sits up quickly, her head spinning.

She let out a sigh of relief at the sight of her own room. Her eyes widened at the sight of a full glass of water and bottle of advil on her nightstand.

She froze at the sound of movement in the kitchen. She desperately hoped she hadn’t brought Miranda home with her, she seemed like the clingy type.

She was pleased to find herself dressed in her pajamas but was quickly replaced with the idea that Miranda changed her. She tossed back the pills and slowly made her way to the door, tip toeing, she peeked out the small crack. She gasped at the sight of K cooking breakfast, something she thought she’d never see.

“Um, hi.” Taylor slowly emerged from her room.

“Good morning sleepy head.” K smiled at her sweetly and it oddly reminded Taylor of sunshine. It was also the first smile that didn’t intimidate her.

“Morning.” She mumbled, sitting down at the island. She silently watched as K filled a plate of pancakes and eggs.

“Eat up.” She commanded. Taylor quickly cut into the pancake and shoved a small piece into her mouth.

Taylor couldn’t help moaning at the deliciousness of the pancake.

K’s eyes dilated slightly before she served her own plate and took a seat right beside Taylor.

“This is really good.” Taylor grumbled, her mouth full of food.

K giggled and Taylor grinned at the sound, it was entirely too adorable of a sound.

“Thank you for breakfast.” Taylor said, washing their dishes.

 “No problem.” K began putting on her brown leather jacket.

“Wait, your leaving?” Taylor said sadly, she had enjoyed her company.

“I got things to do.”  K shrugged.

“Before you leave, can you tell me how I got home last night and why you’re here?” Taylor bit her lip, worried about what her answer might be.

K sighed, “I found you being dragged by some shady chick, you didn’t look into it so I decided to cut in. Then I noticed you we’re just drunk, I think she might have drugged you…” Taylor gasped; she knew she shouldn’t have accepted that first drink.

“Wait,” Taylor paused her worrying. “How did you know where I lived?”

“You weren’t too out of it.” K quickly responded. “You were sober enough to mumble your address.” She shrugged. “I really should get going. I’ll see you soon.” She strutted towards Taylor to kiss her forehead. “Don’t go getting drugged again.” She winked.

“Okay.” Taylor breathed out.

“See ya’ kid!”

And just like at the diner, she was gone too quickly and Taylor was left frozen.

-

“The Dames strike again, this time a bank on 22nd street. Officials have confirmed that they have yet to have any suspects, any information should be reported immediately to Detective Styles and Detective Horan who are overseeing the case.” Taylor muted the TV in the diner as they began talking about a hit and run.

She wasn’t sure how it happened but her apartment became K’s resting stop. The first time she’d broken in, Taylor had been exiting her bathroom, wrapped in a towel. K had been watching the news on low and Taylor had nearly screamed at the sight of her. K made it clear that she wasn’t going to hurt her and that the cops had no clue that she was even a suspect. K slept on the couch and it took Taylor several days to get used to the idea of K sleeping so close yet so far away. They fell into a routine, Taylor would prepare dinner for two, K’s dinner often waited for her in the microwave as she usually didn’t come in until after midnight. It was strangely almost like having a roommate which pleased Taylor. Meredith seemed content with K’s presence and Taylor would often exit her room to find Mer fast asleep atop of K.

K continued to show Taylor little displays of affection, from soft caresses to little cheek kisses but nothing further than that. Taylor knew K was waiting for her to make that move. She didn’t know why the idea of kissing K scared her so much but it became rather annoying as each almost-kiss came around.

Taylor thought back to just that morning.

She was running late for her shift and K had packed her a lunch and it had been the most domestic experience she’d almost leaned into to kiss K goodbye. Once she realized she had been leaning in, she’d grabbed the bag and bolted out the door. She knew that eventually K would get bored with her or find someone who wasn’t such a coward and then she’d be gone and all Taylor would have is her empty apartment and mediocre job at the diner.

To begin with she had no idea why K stuck around.

Taylor figured that K had a really fast paced life and Taylor could understand if she needed a break from it from time to time but what was it about her that kept K coming back each night?

She decided to ask her that night.

A/N: C'mon Taylor just kiss the girl already hehehe... 

I said I would update yesterday but I couldn't cause college is well college. But I don't have class today so I might do a double update!

Also feedback is always nice and is great motivation.  :)