Dark Times

Song for the chapter: Dark Times by The Weeknd ft Ed Sheeran

Taylor watched Cara fidget as she walked Margot out of the office. She could tell the moment they had walked in that Cara was smitten by the girl.

"They're so cute." She gushed as the door closed behind them, turing to beam at Karlie.

"Them?" Karlie scoffed. "It won't work out."

Taylor frowned at Karlie's pessimistic tone. "And why not?" She questioned, hands on her hips.

"B-because Margot doesn't strike me as a relationship type of gal. From what the girls have told us, she's exceptionally good at her job, which means there must be a level of satisfaction on her part. She'd just use Cara."

"You don't know her!" Taylor defended. "Besides its not like she has a choice in what she does! And there's nothing wrong with her if she enjoys it. Let me remind you, I've heard some stories about you." Taylor huffed.

Karlie froze and stuttered. "I-I, um-"

Lily chuckled and swiveled in her chair. "Taylor's right. You were quite the player in your days. I wouldn't be quick to judge if I were you. Margot seems like a good girl, trustworthy, I think we all could see that. Your problem, my dear friend, is that you're afraid of her hurting Cara."

"Of course I am. Cara's my best friend." Karlie responded defensively.

"No it's not just that. You see a bit of yourself in Margot and you're afraid Cara is going to end up lik-"

"Is it so wrong to worry about my best friends heart?" Karlie interrupted.

"End up like who?" Taylor questioned.

"No one." Karlie quickly responded, glaring at Lily.

"Karlie Kloss you better tell me right now." Taylor demanded.

Karlie sighed. "It was a long time ago. I was doing my job, getting Intel. I didn't think she'd fall so hard."

"What are you talking about?"

Karlie made her way to sit on Margots vacant seat. "Her name was Martha. She was the daughter of another crime boss. Lily had suggested that befriending her would benefit the group. So I met up with her at a bar. We flirted, she was cute and interested. We met up a few times after that no big deal."

"Did you guys have sex?"

"Of course we did. Sorry for saying it so blantly but that was all we did. We never went out or talked about our feelings. I don't know maybe it was my careless attitude that intrigued her but she fell for me. Harder than I expected. When it was revealed that I was working for Lily it broke her. She... She didn't take it too well. And she... Well.."

Taylor gasped.

"I should have seen the signs. Maybe I could have stopped her." She whispered.

Taylor could see how guilty Karlie felt from the experience. Making her way to Karlie, she ducked before her, her hands cupping Karlies cheeks.

"You didn't know. It's okay to feel guilty but don't let it consume you. There was no way you could have known what she would do."

"I wasn't a good person back then Taylor."

"But you're a good person now. And that's what matters."

"That won't happen to Cara." Lily interrupted. "She's strong. Now you two should go get some rest, it's going to be a long day tomorrow."

A/N: This ones short but it's for a reason. Things are about to get crazy.

Thanks for reading! ;)