The Outside

Song for the chapter: The Outside by Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding

The fight was brutal.

Taylor can't recall a time where she'd screamed so loudly, especially not at someone she loved. She knew the entire gang could probably hear them but in the heat of it she couldn't pay them no mind. Karlie stormed off angrily after what seemed like a lifetime and Taylor had curled into their bed and cried into the pillow. She felt someone carefully slide into the bed behind her and gently stroke her hair.

"K?" She croaked, turning around her eyes met the sad blues of Cara's eyes.

"She left. Sorry hun." Cara didn't say much more as Taylor cried more. Although Taylor desperately wanted other arms to be comforting her she was grateful to have someone like Cara there.

-

Karlie sped walked to the end of a shitty pier in anger. Gripping the wooden end rails she let out a frustrated scream.

"Simba would be jealous."

Karlie's grip tightened on the end rails as Lily came closer.

"You come any closer and I swear I will punch you." Karlie sneered.

When she felt that she was close she quickly turned around with a fast fist aimed for Lily's face. She landed her punch and Lily yelped out in pain.

"Fuck you bitch!" Lily gripped her probably broken nose and glared at Karlie.

"Jeez I haven't seen this side of you since before Taylor came around." Lily, despite the throbbing nose, took to standing beside Karlie, not regretting her decision to come check up on her. Sighing, Lily looked over at Karlie in remorse, "I'm sorry. Really I am. But you gave me no choice but to ask for a second opinion."

"But why her? You know her just as much, if not better, than I do. You knew that she'd pick what was morally right. Why involve her. Why?"

"Because she was right. She isn't just your girlfriend Karlie. She is a member of the team now and she has gotten us out of difficult situations with that brilliant brain of hers. I can't imagine how betrayed you must feel but you need to grow the fuck up. You can't protect her from everything. I know you know that. But she also knows that. Do you think she likes when I take you to meet the bosses? Do you think she doesn't know the risk? Heck you two got together because you were shot! But she still lets you go because she knows it's your job."

"She's not ready for a war Lily. She's not ready."

"She's seen enough to know what loss is. She's been in the crosshairs." Lily said sadly, dark memories of what she did flashing in her head.

Karlie's head dropped. "I know." She sighed.

"I can't say it's gonna be okay. Or that she'll be okay. But you have to trust her. She's strong."

"You're right." Karlie nodded. "And, I'm, um sorry for the nose..."

Lily punched her arm, "It's coming out of your paycheck."

"We should go get that looked out."

"Yeah I'm getting lightheaded."

-

Karlie left Lily with their medic and took a walk of shame to her room. Slowly opening the door she found that Taylor wasn't alone in their. She smiled gratefully at a sleeping Cara laying curled up with Taylor. They looked adorable up until Karlie noticed the red underneath Taylor's eyes. She hated herself for leaving and making her cry. Walking out quietly Karlie knew she would have to do a lot to make it up to Taylor for hurting her.

A/N: *taps mic* is anyone still here?

I am extremely sorry for the super long hiatus. I've had terrible writers block for this story and this was all I could push out from my brief moment of inspiration. Also you can blame that I've slowly been losing my interest in Kaylor (which is super depressing to me bc I love them) but I'm gonna try to finish this fic for you guys as well as myself bc it is my baby and I'm proud of it.

Thanks for reading! :)