SS.7 (Flashback): Surprises and Jealousy

Daniel walked out of the lecture room when his last class for today ended and immediately saw his enthusiastic pursuer leaning beside the door, clearly waiting for him.

"Hi!"

"Hi. Done with your classes?" The previous encounter left a shadow in his mind. Whenever he saw Ale waiting for him after what just happened, he couldn't help but be anxious and troubled.

"Yep. Let's have dinner together?" Seeing the confused expression on Daniel's face, felt so embarrassed. "My parents are not home today. I don't want to eat alone." A tremendously, hilariously, awfully lame excuse for someone like him who enjoyed eating alone more than eating with his indifferent parents. "Only dinner. I'll drop you off your house right after."

The other just smiled and nodded. "Okay. But I brought my car today, let's just use it."

His last class ended early today so he could spare a few hours with this lively Omega and buy a cake on his way home to share with his grandparents. Although he always made it a point that they celebrate the two's birthdays more grandiosely, he insisted on celebrating his own in a simple way.

Ale then followed the latter to the parking lot. He was excited to show his surprises to Daniel but the young professor might find it problematic if he went overboard. 

When Daniel stopped beside a black sedan, Ale didn't know how to react at first. The Alpha's house was very close to the university and it was just a few minutes walk. They really hadn't met somewhere far from his house or the school, so he never saw what car the other had. This was the first time.

A brand that was not included in the top 10 most expensive brands in the whole world, not even in the top 15, and worse, when was this model even released?

Not that he was judging, he knew the man's lifestyle. Nevertheless, it made him want to dote on this person more and shower him with luxuries. But if he could donate a lot of money to an orphanage, wasn't it better to have a nicer car as well?

A lot of people did countless of cruel, unacceptable and utterly disgusting things, yet they bathed in luxuries. His family, for example. While this man... He deserved so much better and Ale thought, "Fine, if you're so stingy with yourself, I'll be the one to indulge you then." 

He struggled not to show his thoughts on his face lest the Alpha noticed him and be offended.

"Where do you want to eat?"

When he heard the other ask, he casually said the name of one of the prestigious restaurants in the city. It was known that the average meal per person was $200. He couldn't blame the man on the driver's seat staring at him with shock registered on his face. He swallowed his laughter hard and feigned a serious look.

"The restaurant is owned by one of my father's women. We don't need to pay." People usually ask a series of questions whenever he dropped this bit of information about their family so he more or less knew what was in Daniel's mind this time. "Dad is still married to my mom but he's also keeping four women. They're all good with each other. Besides, mom usually stays with her man so she doesn't mind how many women my Dad has." He shrugged his shoulders as he added, "I also don't mind. They can do whatever they want."

This was really not the time to play the 'pity' card.

"I see." Daniel lightly nodded and patted the other's head. "Let's go."

"Okay." They were about to leave when he remembered something, "You brought your car today. Did you plan on going somewhere or doing some---?"

He wasn't even done talking when he was interrupted. Daniel's phone rang with an incoming call and he immediately picked up the call.