The Ones Who Finished the Story

Just some bits about the story... and why it wasn't an all happy one (which I know really put off a lot of readers).

When I started this story, I was very depressed. So depressed that it was getting hard to keep myself in check and I was starting to become toxic to my family, my friends and the people who worked with and for me. These were just some of the causes:

* There were three consecutive deaths in the family and one of my closest friends also died. This was even after all the struggles of saving them or having them treated. They all left in just a period of less than one year. Didn't even have time to digest one death and there was another one that followed then another one then another one. It came to the point that I no longer knew for whom was I grieving for in a particular time and in a particular place. It just felt so heavy yet empty, like I was trapped but I was floating.

* One of the new business ventures I started failed. It was quite a big blow because the investment wasn't petty.

* One of the companies I worked for in the past blackmailed me to work for them again. It was for the reason that they held so many secrets. I knew all of them and I was also the one who created all their policies, procedures and operational systems. Yes, shady, but it was exciting for me at that time.

* The land property that I wanted to buy and planned to turn into a Farm Resort or an Animal Sanctuary (thus, an exaggerated version of a sanctuary turned out in the story) turned out to be so problematic that I had to drop it. I was totally enraged by this one. I dreamt for it, I really wanted it, everything was ready. But in the end, I just had to let it go.

* I burnt bridges with a used-to-be best friend because I've had enough of her over jealous control. My fault, I know, I let myself became her puppet. But still, even until now, she remains precious to me. Precious but toxic. It's just kinda hard to re-discover what I like or don't like on my own when she was always there to point at things for me.

And there were still more that happened. It came to the point that I really wanted to scream and be destructive but I knew I couldn't do that as well. And this was even before that freakin' CoVid thing!

So, all the characters and the majority of the details in the story were reflective of my life (Please let me be proud to say that Rumi Nakamura was somehow tailored after my mom. Hehehe!)

For a lot of people, writing a story was a hobby, an escape from the reality, a way to earn or a way to ease one's boredom...

But for me, The Brave Sacrifice, in itself, was a therapy because I could no longer tell myself, "Gurl, get up. It's okay. Everything will be okay." I really came to the point of being drained already.

It was hard to keep on writing though. Really hard. At first, it was like, "What's the use, it's not helping at all."

But it turned out, the story wasn't the help that'd come my way. The story was just the bridge that connected me to awesome people who knew nothing about me and I also knew nothing about them. But with that comfortable and safe distance, and the fact of 'not knowing', these people told me,

"Hey, you're okay. You're doing well. Just continue. One step at a time. You got this."

And those people didn't even know they were saying that to me. Those people were the readers, the voters and the commenters of this story.

That's why I keep on saying thank you. I'm actually saying thank you for all the help you've given me.

In line with this, please let me mention some of the special ones. The ones that my overly troubled mind was able to remember at the midst of doing something else.

@midnaito_desu To this sweetest bun, thank you for always being so appreciative! Your enthusiasm sometimes gave me ideas and you never failed to give me happy pills every time. ☆⌒ヽ(*'、^*)chu

@ceekaysmiles87 To this ever wonderful, supportive friend, thank you! I also really love our conversations. You are such an amazing person! (*˘︶˘*).。.:*♡

@aaanmil Your comments are extensively helpful! I adore your thoughts and how transparent your opinions are! They just feel so honest and direct but also considerate and inspiring! (°◡°♡)

@NoodleMimi_Pig Mimi, my 'too many coincidences' lovely friend, thank you! Our conversations and your reactions really make me smile and laugh. (' ε ' )♡

@KikiRichards7 Sweetheart, you have been so wonderful with all the bits of your reactions and comments. I love all of them! You're too, too precious! (❤ω❤)

@nightshadephoenix I still remember how your first comment really boosted me up. I was really feeling extra down that day and you gave me the right dose that I needed. Thank you!! (♡˙︶˙♡)

@Hyullchan My cutie love, thank you for looking for me and following me here in Wattpad!! You really inspired me to write more. I appreciate it beyond words, sweetheart! (ノ' з ')ノ

@StrawberryUsagi Your comments were some of those that popped in my head when I was thinking of what to write next. Really good reminders. And, I loved it, really loved it! Thank you so much for that! ♡( ◡‿◡ )

@loveuteenwolf Oh, dear, thank you! Thank you so much for appreciating and liking the story that much. Your comments really made me so happy as well. (/▽\*)。o○♡

@mynameisleen I giggled at your reactions most of the time, I really enjoyed them! Thank you so much for being so supportive and for being such a good vibe! Mwah! ( ' ▽ ' ).。o♡

I'm sorry I can't mention everyone anymore but please know that each and every reader, especially those who took time to vote and comment, is really precious to me.

Thank you so much for all of your support to The Brave Sacrifice! That's a wrap-up, my dearest readers! If you want to read more about Shinya, Iya, Inoue and Ren, please follow them in my other book EYES ON THE BRIGHT SIDE. I hope we'll see each other again. (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️🥰♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️