29. Ryuichi's Service

Rumi found Nobu and Yukio chatting inside the former's office when she entered. Seeing Nobu again, the anger in her heart was somehow doused. Unlike Genzo, Nobu never did anything to upset her. Although he was the weakest among them and the timid one, he compensated it by avoiding to make any mistakes or getting involved into troubles. 

"Hi, Rumi. This cake is really good." Nobu was about to finish the slice that he was eating.

"Really? A new cake shop opened near here. Let's buy another one next time." She sat beside Yukio and gently placed her hand on top of the latter's.

"Aunt Rumi..." He didn't know how to raise his concerns or ask his questions. He didn't want to involve the latter in their family problems but he truly needed  some help this time.

"I already talked to him but now, let's talk about the necessary moves that we need to take from hereon, okay? It's good that your Uncle Nobu is here as well."

Yukio simply nodded.

"As of now, you stand as the CEO and the Chairman of the Board of Directors in Quantum. You also had the biggest shares of 25%. Since you transferred all of that to Eiji, keeping your position in this state is already impossible."

Nobu lightly shook his head. He already knew about this and even if he didn't comment about Yukio's actions, he was also apprehensive due to its impending complications. The latter, on the other hand, just listened and waited for Rumi to continue. Due to his emotional turmoils these weeks, his decisions had become hasty and too inconsequential.

"Yukio, as you may have already realized by now, we can't immediately let Eiji take control. Quantum is very big. It will collapse with just one dire mistake."

"I don't think the other directors and the employees would be fine with abruptly having a new leader." Nobu agreed. "It will also create problems with the business partners."

"Right." Rumi added. She turned to Yukio who had been silent for a while. "I'm going to transfer 15% out of my shares into your name. That will enable you to stay in the position enough to teach and guide Eiji." She was willing to do anything for these brothers. Not just for them but for the person that entrusted their lives to her. "Your brother is talented and smart, I'm sure it won't take long for him to learn everything. But you have to stay and teach him. At the right time, we'll hold a directors' meeting and do as you wish."

Yukio looked down on his cup as his fingers traced the designs on it. He was totally embarrassed. This was the most stupid decision he had ever made. Being too focused on giving Eiji this much authority and power, he erroneously threw both Eiji and the corporation into destruction. 

"Eiji... He... He was even more neglected than I was, more deprived... But he had done so much for me. He may not know it but he was the only light I saw during those years that I was suffering alone.  Now... this life that I have, was even due to him." He subtly admitted, he had been impulsive and chaotic. He let his emotions take over him.

Rumi moved closer to Yukio to hold him in her arms with a motherly hug, "You don't need to worry about anything. Eiji and you have us."

"Stay for one or two months more. Maximize this time to your brother's advantage. Since his company already has a good financial standing, merging it into the corporation will also earn him a lot of respect from our business partners." Nobu suggested.

Yukio and Rumi both nodded in agreement. At the end of the conversation, they settled on Yukio staying and holding up with his position and Eiji coming in as the new Chief Operating Officer. They'd carefully take it one step at a time from there. Besides, Quantum wasn't just a petty organization.