5- Like an old married couple

Sam slowly opened his eyes slightly groaning to himself as he felt the alcohol he drank last night still in his body, a small headache formed but not as bad as he expected. Sam turned his head and noticed he was still on the sofa. Noticing a presence beside him, Sam looked to See Bucky laid across the sofa with his head resting on His knee.

What the hell happened last night for Bucky to end up sleeping practically on top on Sam. The memories came flooding back and he remembered them slumping onto the sofa and talking for a little bit them they both dozed of. Sam thought they must have moved in their sleep.

"Buck" Sam whispered his voice sounding groggy as he tried to move Bucky of his knee but failing. Bucky groaned in response still having his eyes closed. "Get off" Sam sighed massaging his temples. "What" Bucky groaned slowly opening his eyes to see Sam staring at him with his lips pursed into a straight line. "What the hell" Bucky spoke realising the position he was in. Bucky scrambled off Sams knee and cleared his throat looking at him awkwardly. "Didn't realise I fell asleep" Bucky spoke standing of the sofa quickly. "You were tired Buck" Sam laughed shaking his head lightly. "Quite" Bucky exhaled running a hand through his slightly messy hair. Sam hummed in response getting of the sofa to change.

"We need some more intel on these Flag Smashers, I'm meeting with Torres today" Sam spoke as Bucky followed him towards his room. "You want me to come" Bucky asked spoke. "I don't care" Sam shrugged his shoulder as he reached for a spare top. "Alright" Bucky replied taking a seat on Sams bed. "You know you can wait in the living room" Sam rolled his eyes slightly. "Yeah I know" Bucky gave a coy smile. "You need a shirt or anything, you spilt some drink on it last night when you was being your clumsy self" Sam spoke in an amused tone. Bucky didn't reply to Sam he just sat with his arms crossed and his lips pursed.

Sam rolled his eyes and swiftly took of his shirt throwing it into the wardrobe in-front of him. His muscles flexed as he bent over to reach another top. Sam heard a slightly hitch in Bucky's throat as he started to take of his trousers. Sam turned around to face Bucky. "What" Sam sighed with humour in his voice when Bucky just stared at him blankly Sam just told him to turn around while he rolled his eyes dramatically.

As he got dressed Sam failed to notice Bucky snook a slight glance as he removed his clothes. "You done yet" Bucky asked. "Yeah" Sam answered grabbing an extra top for Bucky to change into. Bucky turned around but was greeted with a black t shirt flying towards him, he used his reflexes to catch it just in time. "Thanks" He mumbled under his breath before ripping his t shirt of throwing it over his shoulder making Sam scoff at how untidy he was. As Sam went over to grab the shirt that Bucky flung,  his eyes lingered on the curves of his muscles, not wanting to get caught staring he made his way to the kitchen and flung the shirt in the washer.

Sam turned on the tv to see that John Walker being paraded around in Steve's uniform. Bucky scoffed heavily as he shook his head towards the tv. "Change the channel" Bucky sneered slumping down onto the sofa. "Do it yourself" Sam responded. "How" Bucky asked. "What do you mean how, can your small Brain not understand how" Sam chuckled deeply as he liked tormenting Bucky. He let out a grumble before figuring out how use the remote but ended up switching the tv of instead.

"Your really not good with technology are you" Sam spoke with amusement in his voice. "Shut up" Bucky responded. "Come on I need to speak with Torres" Sam ushered Bucky out of his house locking the door behind him.

For the rest of the afternoon Sam and Bucky spoke with Torres and any information he had gathered in these flag smashers. According to him the leader of this anti-patriotism is called Karli Morgenthau. They apparently want the world to return back to the state it was in before the blip, the disruption caused by the return of the missing half of the population after five years wrecked many aspects of civilian life from top to bottom. The flag smashers are deeply committed to their cause.

Sam and Bucky still have a plan to find out about the super soldier serum and where it's coming from. And for that they need some help.

"So what are you thinking?" Sam spoke as he and Bucky walked down the street together. "I know what we have to do." Bucky responded stopping in his track to turn towards Sam. Bucky thought back to when they went to see Isaiah and what he talked about when they went asking about the super soldier serum. "When Isaiah said My People, he meant HYDRA. HYDRA used to be my people" Bucky explained. "Not a chance" Sam scoffed in response slowly figuring out what Bucky was referring to. "Walker doesn't have any leads" Bucky protested. "I know where you're going with this. No" Sam exclaimed grabbing Bucky's shoulder to stop him from walking any further.

"He knows all of HYDRA's secrets" Bucky replied turning his head over his shoulder to look at Sam.
"So your just going to go sit in a room with this guy, all by yourself" Sam nearly laughed at how Ridiculous this all sounded. "Y- yes" Bucky hesitated. "Okay then" Sam finally answered. "We're gonna go see Zemo" Sam sighed.

Sam realised his hand was still on Bucky's shoulder but felt the urge to keep it there but Bucky didn't even say a thing about his hand and carried on walking with a hidden smirk on his face. Sam let go of his shoulder gently but heard a sigh escape Bucky's lips. Sam couldn't explain what was going on but he felt different, much different to how he usually felt about Bucky he cared deeply for him yet he didn't want to show it, not at the moment anyway. The thing Sam didn't realise was Bucky was feeling differently too.

A/N
Hey sorry this was a short chapter and more of a filler than anything else! *kisses*
Xoxo