9- Who wants sandwiches

Zemo eventually Drove Sam and Bucky back to his Private Jet so they would be able to get back to the US as they were still in Madripoor at this precise moment. Of course Zemo had he uses but Sam was still questioning wether it was actually a good idea to of broken Zemo out of Prison, but Sam trusted Bucky and if he thought it was a good idea then it must be. Sam trusted Bucky with his life, he has also noticed how they have gotten closer over the past week or so. Sam did not mind this at all but there was something about it which felt different but Sam couldn't quite put his finger on what.

Sam slumped back into his seat after talking to torres telling him to try find out as much stuff as he could. He rested his head back onto the seat and let out a small sigh as he ran his hand over his face in exhaustion. "You okay" Bucky announced with concern as he finished cleaning his metal arm and glanced over to Sam who closed his eyes briefly. "Yeah" Sam spoke softly as he gave a smile towards Bucky who was looking at him with concentration. "Just thinking about all the shit that's been going on recently and Nagel referring to the American test subject like Isaiah wasn't even a real person" Sam explained angrily as he began sitting up gently to face Bucky. "And maybe I made a mistake" Sam frowned thinking about the decision to give the shield away.

"You did" Bucky spoke honestly. "Yeah, maybe I shouldn't of put it in a museum. I should have destroyed it." Sam slightly shrugged his shoulder as he spoke. "That shield means a lot to people, including me, the worlds upside down and we need a new cap not John Walker, before you destroy it I'm going to go and take it for myself" Bucky explained also sitting up from his seat and moving to sit next to Sam on the double seat across from him.

Sam didn't respond to the comment Bucky came out with, he just rested back into his seat as he closed his eyes briefly. "Sleep" Bucky spoke lowly as he noticed Sam drifting off. "Cant Torres might call" Sam replied tapping his phone gently. "I'll wake you" Bucky told him. "Alright Buck" Sam smiled to himself as he struggled to keep his eyes open any longer.

As Sam drifted into a peaceful slumber, Bucky watched ; eyes tracing over every curve and every aspect of Sams features. The way he was drawn towards Sam was unnatural whenever he looked his way he never wanted to tear his eyes away from the man, there was just something about him.

Not even half an hour later Sam was awoken up by a small presence tapping his arm lightly. Sam opened his eyes slowly to realise he was actually leant over Bucky with his head resting tenderly on his shoulder. "You both look cosy" Zemo spoke as he emerged from the cockpit with a plate full of sandwiches. "Buck is surprising comfy" Sam let out a laugh as he removed himself from his shoulder. "You may as well change my name to pillow" Bucky rolled his eyes sarcastically as a smirk pulled at the corners of his lips. "Did Torres call?" Sam asked stretching his arms forwards.

"Yes" Bucky spoke clearing his throat. "And you didn't wake me up, come on Buck" Sam scoffed with a quick roll of his eyes. "I answered it don't worry" Bucky replied sternly. "Why didn't you wake me" Sam raised his eyes brow curiously. "You was asleep" He spoke up quickly as if he was trying to change the subject.

Zemo looked between the two boys as he was still holding the plate of sandwiches while watching them have a petty little argument. Zemo silently chuckled to himself as he knew the real reason Bucky didn't wake Sam up was because I guess He liked how Sam fell asleep on him, Bucky seemed to  relax in his body language and let out a small smile which didn't go unnoticed by Zemo.

"Sandwich?" Zemo asked waving the plate in-front of the two boys breaking them out of a trance they both fell into. "Sure" Sam replied grabbing it and taking a small bite, Sams face soon went twisted as he tasted the strange condiments inside the bread. "What the hell is in this Zemo" Sam mumbled in disgust. "Mustard and Pickles" Zemo replied with a smile. "Mustard and Pickles" Bucky mocked as he knitted his eyes brows in concern for the weird combination. "I am offended you don't like it Sam" Zemo replied in hurt shaking his head. "I appreciate the effort" Sam spoke as friendly as possible while carefully placing the sandwich down.

"I have a place we can go" Zemo spoke causing damage to shoot a look of confusion. "For what" Sam replied. "They found Madani, Dead. She died in Rigaea city near the Baltic Sea" Bucky told Sam as a sad look gleamed across Sams face. "Dam" Sam replied looking down towards the floor. "I, for one, am looking forward to coming face to face with Karli. Oeznik, we're changing the course" Zemo spoke loudly towards the driver of the plane. "I'm dreading this Plan of yours Zemo" Sam murmured just loud enough for him to hear. "Faith Sam" Zemo patted Sam on the shoulder as he entered the cockpit.

Bucky shot Zemo a glare as he watched him walk away. "You good?" Sam asked as he saw how Bucky had his jaw and teeth clenched. "Yeah" Bucky growled as he put his hand on Sams shoulder while rising up from the seat slowly. "Where you going" Sam asked raising his eyebrow. "To my seat" Bucky replied turning his head half way over his shoulder. "Just stay here" He mumbled as he stared at the empty space next to him. Bucky rolled his eyes playfully before retreating back to where he was previously sat.

"Happy" Bucky announced locking eyes with Him. Sam nodded his head lightly before giving a faint smile towards Bucky, for a moment the two stared at each other neither of them moving a muscle. Sam noticed how Bucky flickered his eyes down towards his lips several times, Sam involuntarily licked his lips partly while clearing his throat causing Bucky to tear his eyes away from Sam towards the other side of the plane which was of sudden interest to him.

The rest of the journey went smoothly, Sam and Bucky each had a small nap leaning feebly against one another. Zemo eventually made some normal ish sandwiches containing of cucumbers, Sam congratulated Zemo on putting normal condiments inside a sandwich which made Bucky snicker lightly. After several long hours the group eventually landed in a place called Riga which is situated in Latvia.

"I heard what Became of Sokovia, cannibalised by its neighbours before the land was cleared of Rubble, erased from the map" Zemo explained as all three of them walked down a small path leading towards quite a big building. "We are here" Zemo announced waving his hand towards a tall building in-front of them. Sam noticed Bucky had stopped behind them as he looked around in different directions. "I'm gonna go on a walk" He declared putting his hands in his pockets. "You good?" Sam asked with a confused look. "Yeah I'll see you guys in a bit" Bucky replied giving Sam a pat on the shoulder with a little smile.

Sam shook his head at the bizarre behaviour but let it slide, he continued walking with Zemo towards this 'Place' he was talking about which just looked like a normal building, but Sam was glad that Zemo was actually helping them out. "You are close" Zemo spoke breaking the silence. "What?" Sam breathed stopping in his tracks. "You and Bucky" He let out a small smirk which he was trying to contain. "Yeah, we are friends" Sam spoke up his tone mixed with a hint of unsure. "Of course Sam, sorry for... Miss judging the means of your relationship" Zemo replied with what seemed like a hint of sarcasm.

Sam shook his head, surely the way they act around each other doesn't give of they are anything more than friends. This is how Sam and Bucky have always acted around each other well maybe there is something different about the way they act ever since they have both teamed up together. Sam admitted there was something going on yet he didn't have the courage to even admit the things he was quietly thinking and even feeling.

A/N
So are my chapters good lengths or would you like them longer ?