24 - New York, the new city of Love

A/N
Thank you for all the votes and views on this story! And ps. I love reading your comments! Hehe enjoy! *Kisses*

Sam couldn't believe his eyes, his hands trailed over the Familiar object as he stopped at the edge of the packet brining it up into the air to inspect it. "He really brought this" Sam spoke to himself as he was struggling to keep in a laugh. "And that" Sam diverted his eyes to a bottle laying on its side at the back of Bucky's bag. "He really wants to?" Sam whispered as he went to reach for the bottle of liquid to inspect but faulted as he heard the bathroom handle twist open.

Sam jumped out of his skin unaware he was still holding the contraception between his fingers. "Sam" Bucky announced from the bathroom. "Are you in the Bedroom?" He questioned about to open the door. "Y-Yeah" Sam shouted back shoving the packet back into the bag recklessly.

"Have you been on a run" Bucky chuckled sarcastically looking at the distressed Sam who was running his palm over his forehead. "Nope" He replied rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "Weirdo" Bucky snickered walking past Sam towards the bed. "Here pass me my bag" Bucky asked holding out his arm towards the man. Sam gripped the handle of the bag mentally facepalming when he realised he left the zipper open.

"Oh it's open, hope I didn't loose anything" Bucky spoke under his breath as he began raking through his bag but hummed in approvement when he realised everything was in fact still in the bag. "You got everything?" Sam asked as he perched next to Bucky who was dressed in shorts with a grey tank top. "Yeah" He smiled. "It's all there" Bucky let his lips twist up into a faint smirk. "Good" Sam answered.

"It's already 1:30Am" Bucky yawned whilst he rubbing his eyes. "We should get some rest" Sam spoke getting under the duvet.

Sam turned his head to look at Bucky who briefly closed his eyes. Sam smiled to himself before looking up towards the roof.

Sam has always felt a serenity upon sleeping. He loves to dream, the feeling of his brain shifting gears is so sweet, he sees it play movies, always telling him things in puns and metaphors. As he slowly drifted out of Consciousness he felt the cradle of loving arms wrap around his torso, squeezing gently never wanting to let go.

"Sleep in my arms, sleep in my protective and loving arms, for if you ever need protection I will awake and take care of the task" Was the last words Sam heard before he was transported to the land of thoughts and dreams.

——

The rising sun cast a rosey hue across the morning sky. Golden fingers of sunlight lit up the room slowly. The just risen sun shone softly on the city streets, bringing with it a flurry of early morning activities.

In the wash of the new light, Sam's face took on the appearance of an old photograph, one of nostalgia, so beautiful. Bucky watched as it brought his skin into focus, not yet animated with the warmth of who he was, for he was still in the land of dreams. Since there is no better thing to do Bucky brought his body close, so close that their hearts Synchronised. The light was so strong that Sam came into the present with him.

"Hey" Sam croaked as he felt Bucky's arms wrapped around him tightly. "Morning" Bucky smiled taking back his arms, trailing his thumb across Sam's cheek gently.

"We have a lot to do today" Sam responded still cherishing the moment. "Great" Bucky rolled his eyes with a small groan as he didn't want to move from the comfy spot they was in.

"I'll call Torres later, find out everything we need to know." Sam explained. "Also need to get our suits up and ready for tomorrow" Sam further told Bucky as he nodded his head. "Tomorrow will go fine" Bucky spoke. "Yeah" Sam mumbled. "I can see you stressing, Sam listen you'll do great" Bucky gave him a quick smile reassuring him about everything. "We make a great team" Sam agreed. "Indeed" Bucky replied.