16 - Falling

Sam followed closely behind Bucky as they arrived at what looked like a memorial place in Sokovia. Sam spotted Zemo stood staring at the stones with his head hung low in despair. As soon as he heard the crunching of the ground he spoke up. "I thought you'd be here sooner." He spoke without even moving his head to turn to face the boys. "Zemo" Sam said moving closer behind Bucky. "Sam good to see you" Zemo replied with a nod of his head. "James, do what needs to be done." Zemo added on his face not twitching with any sort of emotion. "Karli has people everywhere, there is only one way to make sure she can't continue her mission" Zemo explained crossing his arms in-front of him.

"We appreciate the advice, but we're gonna do it our own way" Bucky said taking a small glance back to Sam. Zemo let out a soft chuckle looking down to the ground then back up again. Sam noticed that Bucky had clocked a gun which was hanging from his hand. He of course knew that Bucky wouldn't kill Zemo but why the hell was he even holding the gun.

Bucky brought the gun up towards Zemo's temple and he let out a small nod suggesting all he wanted was to be killed. Sam strangely cared about Zemo and the fact he wanted to die was potentially heartbreaking for him I guess Zemo had grown on Sam over the time he spent with them but the gun never let out a bullet. Bucky opened his hands and several bullets fell from his hand clanking onto the ground below.

Soon after The Dora Milaje arrived and came behind Zemo ready to take him away. "I hold no grudges for what you thought you had to do, goodbye James" Zemo nodded to Bucky. Just as he was about to be taken away he was still stuck in his place.

"May I have a word with Sam, alone" He asked the question. They stepped away from him acknowledging the thing he asked. Bucky took a weary look towards Sam but he just gave him a nod and a smile meaning 'It's alright'

"What Zemo" Sam asked as they walked away from Bucky and the Dora Milaje. "Sam I know you don't want to hear this from me but I am telling you it" Zemo started to explain. "Yes?" Sam spoke unsure of where this was going. "It's clear, you need to do something" Zemo then added on and Sam was getting hints of what he was referring to. "What is this about?" Sam spoke.

"You and Bucky" He gave of a small smile. Zemo placed his hand on Sams shoulder and looked into his eyes. "You are clearly meant for each other" He said a little quieter. "What" Sam spoke breathlessly. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." Zemo spoke. "Trust yourself Sam, you know what to do" Zemo spoke before leaving him with a pat on the shoulder.

Sam was shocked and speechless was it really that obvious Sam didn't even realise the way they acted with each other was 'Flirting' clearly others saw it differently. But Zemo was right Sam had to do something but what was the question as when would be the right time.

"What was he talking about" Bucky asked which made Sam jump at the sudden noise. "Pointless stuff" Sam forced a laugh trying to act as normal as possible. Bucky hummed in response with his brows knitted at Sam's bizarre behaviour. "We are taking the jet back to the u.s" Bucky spoke leading Sam towards the plane which wasn't far away from where they was stood. "Zemo's jet?" Sam questioned. "The pilot will take us straight there Zemo instructed him to just before he left" Bucky carried on.

Sam knew this was part of his 'Plan' for them to get closer as they would now be stuck on a jet for hours alone. He chuckled lightly but accepted the fact.

——

"It was surprisingly nice of him to let us use the jet" Bucky said as he took a seat making himself comfortable. "Yeah" Sam agreed sitting down at the opposite side. "Hey" Bucky nearly shouted. "Sit here not all the way over there" He rolled his eyes playfully pointing at the spare seat next to him. Sam nodded with a grin as he happily took the seat next to Bucky but he was nervous at what the tension between them would be like. After Zemo said all those things Sam's mind was going crazy.

"So what shall we do" Sam asked. "What's with the small talk Sam" Bucky mumbled as he closed his eyes resting his head backwards. "Just making conversation" He shrugged his shoulders. "Just relax" Bucky said softly placing his non metal hand onto Sam's knee unexpectedly. This made him shift in his seat at the sudden contact but soon slumped into his seat and let a smile rest on his lips.

He had the urge to put his hand on top of Bucky's but what would he say, would he think it's weird. They have done it before so why in the world would it be weird. Sam kept stressing but was stopped as Bucky gently squeezed his thigh. "Your stressed" Bucky murmured taking a glance towards Sam. "Sorry" He breathed turning his body so he was facing Bucky. "Tell me, Sam" Bucky smiled heartily looking between his eyes.

This was the perfect time, the perfect time to tell Bucky but Sam being Sam couldn't spit it out. How could he just say what he was thinking. He knew what he needed to say but how does one, word such a thing especially to your best friend. Was Bucky even feeling the same way? These thoughts was spinning around Sams head but was caught of guard.

"Sam, you can tell me" Bucky spoke as he inched closer to him. All Sam could say in that moment was. "Wow" He exhaled. Bucky face twisted with confusion. "Those eyes are just piercing" Sam said adding onto why he said 'Wow' He saw Bucky try to hide a smile as he noticed his cheeks blush the tiniest bit. "You really know your way with words" Bucky laughed. Sam stifled a snicker but failed miserably.

"Now tell me" Bucky spoke with his hand still resting on Sam's thigh. "It's difficult Bucky trust me" Sam shook his head and look down towards the ground. He felt his chin being forced upwards by a pair of hands. Bucky gripped under his chin bringing his face up to meet his "Go on" Bucky pushed him trying to make Sam squeeze the words out. "I have noticed that since you've been around-" Sam stopped looking away for a split second then back again. "I smile a lot more than I used to" Sam explained slowly.

"Yes" Bucky spoke quietly  "God I don't know how to word this" Sam spoke banging his head back onto the seat. Bucky in a way knew what he was trying to say but was not going to force him to say anything "Sam just relax. I'll be back" Bucky added on patting his thigh before getting up.

"I fell for you before I even realised I did" Sam said to himself as he watched Bucky disappear through the gap to the little kitchen area inside the jet. Sam could of slapped himself, the opportunity was right there and he missed it, how the hell would he say it now.

He let his head fall back and closed his eyes. He felt tired and being this stressed was not helping. Sam tried to just calm down and not let the feeling get the better of him, while doing so He didn't realise how tired he actually was and before he knew it he was drifting off and his last thought was Bucky as it was every time he fell asleep.

Bucky came back with a glass of water in his hand but when he observed the sleeping Sam in-front of him he smiled sweetly to himself. Bucky knew what Sam was trying to say, he just wanted Sam to say it himself. Of course it would be hard to say. Bucky himself was feeling the same. He sat down beside sam again and watched him with careful eyes.

"I know" Bucky said to himself.

——

Sam was awoken by a pair of hand gently shaking his shoulder. "Sam" Bucky whispered. Sam responded in a low groan too tired to even speak. "Get up" Bucky added on trying to push His head of his shoulder. "Your comfy Buck" Sam spoke. "I would let you rest on me longer but we are here" Bucky explained. "That was quick" Sam laughed. "For you it was" Bucky shook his head lightly but in all honesty he liked the way Sam leant into him and fell asleep on him.

What Sam didn't know that was while he was asleep Bucky was tenderly rubbing Sams upper arm with the pad of his thumb. The pair was stuck, they knew how they felt about each other and when Sam Tried to say it he just couldn't.

Was it down to Bucky to make the move ?

A/N
Opinions? Sorry not much happened hehe. Also the next Chapter is going to be long, the wait for Chapter 17 is going to be agony for yall *Evil Laugh*