9. The vulnerability

Please vote for the chapter and support the book.

----------------

R Y A N 

The leaves move along the cool breeze as the moon plays hide and seek with the clouds. I walk along the road towards my home. The soft sound of music rings in my ears as I continue to look down on road. The memories of the party are still fresh in my mind even though it has been one week. 

I have not talked to any girl about anything except the work but with Zoe, it has started with three words. 'Are you okay?'

Why did I do that? What I was even thinking?  I have been asking myself the same questions since that night. I remember everything from that night when we all were going home. The talk I've had with Mason is not getting out of my mind. 

I gaze out of the window see the buildings passion by and sigh. Mason looks at me from the rear mirror when I look at him too. His gaze is full of questions because I know, he knows me better. 

"What's the problem?" he asks as I shake my head and look down while others also look at me. "Forget about her", I raise my head and his eyes are focused on road. I look at him confused at his sudden advice. "What are you talking about?"I ask.

"Ryan you are too pure. You don't know how this world works and especially the world she lives in", he glances at me and then focuses back on the road. I look down not wanting to utter anything. "Mason, he has nothing to do with anything", Kyle takes my side just to be ignored by Mason.

"She is not what she looks like. She doesn't do anything without profit", Mason says, his hold tightening around the steering. 

"Why are you talking like this?", I ask. There is something I've felt that it's not what it looks like. In my heart, I feel the opposite of what he is saying. Her eyes hold intensity and gentleness whenever I've looked into them.

 In just two meetings with her, I feel like I know her. She is more than she pretends to be. She is not dangerous but mysterious and strong. She is not rude or moody but dominating and I respect her. 

"I'm just advising you Ryan because you are my younger brother. And I don't want anyone to take advantage of your innocence. Just stay away from her."

Just stay away from her. It keeps repeating in my mind. And if it is not enough, I've been waiting for her text since she has asked me for dinner but there was nothing. I'm still confused by Mason's words for her because none of them seem true to me. I will stay away from her, I decide.

I feel tired as I walk, it was a hectic day as today there were many customers. I sigh and stop on my way looking up at the moon. Suddenly, my all thoughts come to the only one girl. "Will I ever be able to meet that girl of my dreams? I again saw her in my dream last night."

I close my eyes and look down when I hear the sound of a car pulling break with speed. The black Mercedes suddenly stops and a door opens. My eyes widen as I watch her coming out of the car and slamming the door shut. "Zoe?"

I frown as I observe her, she starts walking in the opposite direction. Her long black hair falls down her back but is messy.  She doesn't look like herself.

What she is doing here? He thinks and shakes my head remembering that I've to stay away from her. "I should go home", I whisper to myself and glance at her car the last time before going away from her. 

I couldn't

I couldn't. 

I couldn't walk away from her.

I watch her as she stands resting her hands on railings, crying. I've never thought that I would ever see such a strong and beautiful woman crying alone at night. Blinking twice, I notice her gripping her head and it makes me take steps forwards. Her hands shake as she moves back but stumbles.

I don't know what happened but I stood holding her saving her from falling. She turns around and our eyes meet. All my thoughts from before fade away as I see her red eyes. The worry fills me as I hold her hands and help her to stand properly.

"Zoe, are you okay?" I ask softly not wanting to make her uncomfortable.  

"Ryan", she whispers my name softly making my heart flutter. 

I don't know why I like my name on her tongue, it feels beautiful. I smile as I nod. "It's me, Zoe. What are you doing here?" She doesn't answer my question and looks into my eyes moving closer to me. I start becoming nervous as I try to let go of her hands but she holds me tightly. 

"Are you okay?", she smiles but my smile vanishes as I notice her teary eyes. The eyes that hold dominance look so vulnerable now. I'm quite surprised to see her like this. She moves closer and coils her arms around my waist before burying her head in my neck making me tense and my heart beat faster. 

She inhales my scent before placing a soft tantalizing kiss on the base of my neck making me gulp. All of my senses fade away as she breaths in my neck. I feel her tears soaking my shirt. 

"Hug me, Ryan." 

Her words make me confused as I took deep breaths feeling her body getting cold. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around her small figure.  And all I feel is peace. 

"It's okay Zoe, I'm here with you", I whisper softly caressing her hair as we stand hugging each other. A few minutes pass as I feel her not moving.  "Are you okay-" Before I can say anything I see her closed eyes. She gets unconscious.

 "Zoe, open your eyes!"

Thank you for reading!