11. Be my friend.

Vote, comment, and follow.

Double update! Chapters 11 & 12

---------------

R Y A N

I look around taking in the luxury as I sit on the couch in the living room. The large window across the room gives the perfect view of the whole city. The night gets darker as clouds fill the sky. Sitting across me, Mr. Taylor looks at me as he speaks.

"You must be confused right now", I look down as I nod. I hear him sighing as he takes off his glasses and places them on the coffee table. "She seems very strong and heartless but for me, she is still a little girl."

"Thank you for bringing her back safely", he smiles. I shake my head, looking down. "It's okay, I'm happy she is safe", hesitatingly I look at him. The question that has bothered me since the doctor has checked her.

"What happened to her health?" He tenses at my question and turns his head to the window looking at the night sky. Have I asked something wrong? "It's a long story that nobody knows but maybe you will be the first one to know, Ryan."

He places his hand on mine that rests on my knee, looking at me, "because you are the first one, I've seen around her."

"What?" Confused at his words, Mr. Taylor smiles. He looks nervous. "I want to ask you something", I nod.

"You can ask me anything", he nervously rubs his hands as he looks at me. 

"What do you think about Zoe?" What do I think about her? I'm honest with myself and I know what I feel around her. I feel nervous around her, my heart beating faster, and my mind full of her. 

"I... I don't know", I nervously look at him. "Don't give me an answer now, I want you to give me an answer when your heart tells you about it", I stand up as he mirrors my action. "I'll go home now, it's getting late."

"Stay here, it's already late and it would take time to go back", I shake my head. "Thank you but I think I should go."

"He is right Ryan, stay for tonight."

Her voice comes from behind me, I turn around only to see her standing on the last stair. My heart skips a beat as her eyes meet mine, full of intensity. She is not looking like a businesswoman who is cold and heartless but a normal girl wearing a small smile on her lips which I'm finding beautiful. 

"Zoe, how is your health? Are you feeling okay?", Mr. Taylor asks as I break our eye contact first. "Don't worry, I will not die", she looks at him, with blank eyes. I feel nervous again. I don't know what to say or do but I decide to ask her about her health, gathering the courage I have in me.

"How are you, Zoe?" Her eyes immediately turn to me and a small smile covers her lips.  She looks beautiful when she smiles. No Ryan, keep your mind on the right track. 

Her every slow step moves towards me with every loud thump of my heart against my chest as she approaches me. "I'm fine thanks to you. Thank you for helping me once again", I nod looking down while her eyes observe me.  

"Mr. Taylor, prepare the dinner. I want to have it with Ryan", she says not taking her eyes away from me. She takes a step closer as I look into her black eyes. 

"Can we talk for a few minutes Ryan?", I looked at her nervously as my eyes meet Mr. Taylor. He smiles at me and walks away. Looking back at her, I nod. I'm going to be alone with her and it is making me hella nervous. She smiles and holds my hand making my eyes wide.