10. The facade

Please vote and support the book. Do comment and follow.

---------------

R Y A  N 

Her unconscious body was in my arms as I got panicked not knowing what to do. I have never faced such a situation before and now I have, I'm afraid and don't know what to do. I patted her cheeks gently but no response. She opens her eyes as my face is the only thing appearing in front of her. 

She looks like an angel.

"Zoe, keep your eyes open", I softly whisper but all in vain. The hesitation on my face is visible and taking her to my home is not the right choice right now. If Austin sees her, he will definitely tell Mason which I don't want to happen.

 I remember his words but why my heart is not buying any of them? Why I'm seeing the opposite of what others are telling me? I pick her up in my arms and start walking towards her car, giving her one last glance before whispering like she can hear me, "you will be fine."

I open her car door and place her on the front seat. Her closed eyes are now dry after crying. She is beautiful and I can't help but stare at her face. Never in my life, I've seen someone so beautiful. 

Everyone is afraid of her and I'm mesmerized by her. Maybe that is because she has never looked at me like she looks at others, her eyes whenever have met mine I've seen softness in them.

I look at her, my gaze turning to her lips. I move my hand to her face to caress her when at the right moment, her phone rings which showed the caller ID 'MR. Taylor's. I immediately pick up the call as the other line spoke immediately.

"Zoe, Where are you? Come back, please. You are not right-" Mr. Taylor speaks but I cut him off.

"Hello. I'm Ryan. She is with me, I don't know what happened to her but she got unconscious", I speak looking at her.

"What? Please, bring her home immediately Ryan. I will call the doctor", the urgency in his voice.

"But I don't know where her house is", I say before closing the door of her side.

"I will send you the location. Come quickly!" I walk to the other side of the car, opening the door on the driver's side. Sitting inside,  I place her phone on the dashboard. I turn to her and secure her with a seatbelt.

I start the car and drive towards her home while my attention stays the whole rise on her. My feelings towards her are slowly rising in my heart and the fact I have to stay away from her is nothing but some words which I think I already have ignored and walked towards her.

"Nothing will happen to you", It's like I'm trying to convince myself. Seeing someone hurt makes you sad but when you see someone hurt, the one you love hurts you too.  

Why she is affecting me so much? I know I'm shy, but every time with her I'm with her I can feel my real self. The one we all hide behind our facades.

As I pull the car in front of her mansion, I notice Mr

As I pull the car in front of her mansion, I notice Mr. Taylors impatiently waiting for us. He comes running towards us, hearing the car's horn. Getting out of the car, I walk to her side and open her door before picking her up in my arms.

She is the first woman to whom home I've gone. I look down at her seeing her resting her head against my chest. I didn't know why but my lips turn into a smile, it fades as the realization hit me when I see him looking at us smiling.

"Where is her room?" I ask when he asks me to follow him. I carefully take her to her room as I notice the doctor following us. I'm not good at meeting the new people around me, but in a few days, I've been seeing a lot of new people. Right now, the only thing I wanted is for her to get better.

I enter her room, the white walls greeting back. Everything in her room was white and it bothered me. It looks like there is no color in her world. From the walls to the floor, the furniture, and the curtains; everything is white. 

In the middle of the room, a king-sized bed with white sheets was placed. I glance at her and go towards her bed to lie her on the bed and cover her with the blanket. Placing a pillow under her head, I try to move away when she holds my collar causing me to move towards her, our faces just inches apart. 

My heart starts beating faster like every time whenever I'm near her. And it's happening always since I've met her. 

I move away as the doctor comes toward her to check on her while Mr. Taylor and I look at her. I didn't know why I felt it but it feels bad to see her in this state. My eyes don't leave her figure lying on the bed like an angel. She looks so innocent when her eyes are closed but not when she looks with those hard eyes.

Who are you, Zoe? My mind is full of her as I watch Mr. Shane checking her.

Which is the real you? The one I saw at the party or the one I'm seeing right now?

One minute you are the woman of whom everyone is afraid and another moment, you will be all soft and innocent in front of me? 

There are so many questions I want to ask her but the only thing I need to ask is courage. It's confusing me, the things I've heard about her are different from what I'm seeing right now. The reality is making it hard for me to believe Mason's words.

"Mr. Taylor, I told you to give her medicines regularly", her doctor, Jax Shane speaks as I watch Mr. Taylor let out a sigh as he takes off his glasses.

"I can't force her, Jax. She is always protesting about it. Every time I will try to persuade her, she would get angry and leave", I frown hearing his words.

"If this continues, it can make her state worse. Try to make her understand. Or otherwise, we would have to use more heavy doses."

What he is saying? I stand there confused listening to their words. I look at Zoe, she doesn't look like she is sick.

"I'll take my leave", Mr. Taylor nodded and shook hands with him and Mr.Shane leaves. Mr. Taylor notices me looking at Zoe when he walks in my direction and stands beside me.

He places his hand on my shoulder making me look at him and speaks.

"Can we talk?"

Thank you for reading!