2. Breaking the rule

Vote, comment, and follow.

-----------

Z O E

I looked at him through my blank eyes. I'm not the woman to show my weakness to anyone. I prefer to stay in my own shell with myself. But every time, he would ask me how I'm and how I'm coping with everything, I would feel my walls crumbling down a little.

"I can't stop it. I can't stop thinking about him. I don't know whether he survived or not after I left. Because of me, it's all because of me. If I didn't take the step back then, he maybe has lived", I spoke before standing and walking towards the window. I was feeling rage and I want to burn everything.

"It's not your fault Zoe. The wrong one is your father", my head turned towards him immediately, his words angered me more.

"Father? That shit of the piece is not my father! He will never be!" I shouted and closed my eyes, remembering the old bitter memories, the memories that are engraved in my mind, the memories which shattered my soul, and the memories which have taken my peace away.

From childhood to till now, he only taught me how to hate him every day more and more. I took a deep breath to calm myself before I kill anyone. "I want my car ready right now", I opened my eyes, my voice cold and distant but I never wanted to use it for Mr. Taylor. He is the only one who understands me and gave me fatherly love after him.

"No, you are not going alone-"

"Just. Prepare my .car!", I spoke, my jaw clenched as I looked at him angrily when he sighed and stood up before going towards the door, following my order. He stopped as his hand rested on the handle before he looked back at me, only to see my face without any emotion, again.

I hate looking into the eyes filled with sympathy for me. I know my worth and I'm not going to let anyone look at me like they feel sorry for me. Turning around, I walked to the table and gathered my belongings before leaving the meeting room.

Walking through the lobby of my office, I felt eyes on me. It satisfied me to know how much I can make them fear me, whenever I walked, talked, or looked at them, they would stand still with their heads hung low. I like everyone's submission.

As I reached the entrance gate, I noticed Mr. Taylor standing beside the car waiting for me. I wore my sunglasses and walked to Mr. Taylor before pulling my palm out in front of him as he shook his head before handing me the car keys. He opened the door for me as I sat in the car before he spoke.

"Be careful", he spoke before shutting the door. I started the engine and drove away from the place. I'm not the person to look back and that is my first rule. Never look back.

Driving without any speed limit is what makes my inner demons calm. My eyes were focused on the road as I pressed the accelerator more. Control is something I would never give to anyone and be strong so that no one can ever cause me trouble. And whoever troubled me only saw my coldness.

Looking through the rear mirror, I noticed a car chasing me. Not again. Pressing the accelerator more, I smirked. Fools.

To say that I know how to defend myself would not be a lie, I have lived many years learning self-defense and why wouldn't I? When I belong to the world that is always full of predators, pressing the accelerator more, I took the right turn, off to the highway.

Remember to never panic and show fear to your enemy. They use it against you. I know it because I do the same. I use people's weaknesses and make them suffer because this is what makes them fear me. The day I would start forgiving, everyone would pound their claws at me and I will be the only one to get hurt at the end.

Trying to locate the car, I saw nothing. Before taking a step, make sure you know what to do. I drove to the center of the city, a place which is known as the house of flowers. Slowing down the car, I entered a beautiful street, decorated with flowers and painted with colors. Everything screamed beauty and peace. Parking the car at the side of the street, I just stared around.

An old man sitting on the bench with a small girl around five sitting beside him as they both ate ice cream. A girl holding the hand of the boy who looked at her like she is his whole world. A woman holding the hand of a girl as she smiled showing her chubby cheeks, the scene looked beautiful but at the same time, it triggered something inside me.

I looked away and decided to go to my secret spot where I can sit and relax. Even though I like going at night when there is just silence, I couldn't help but chase the peace. I was about to start the car but stopped before glancing at the street, spotting a café.

Its exterior was decorated with flowers that looked full of life and I wished that I wasn't a human but a flower.

That time I didn't know I would see a flower in the form of a human because that's when my eyes landed on him. I frowned and looked away but I was amazed at the first sight of him as I watched him laughing at whatever the other person was saying to him as I looked back at him.

His smile.

I didn't know when it become my addiction but I loved every second.

I loved looking at him and then it dawned on me that I'd broken my own very first rule.

Never look back.

I hope you liked the chapter

I hope you liked the chapter. Please support the book and those who are new to my account are welcome. 

Stay tuned till the next update. Ily.