5. The First Dance

Do vote and comment for the chapter. It takes a few seconds to vote, please appreciate the efforts. I'm hardly getting any response and it's really demotivating.

-------------

Z O E

I observed him as he looked at me nervously like I'd asked him to give his life away for me. This man standing in front of me has made me break my own rules not once but twice in just two meetings. I've broken another rule. Do not ever ask for permission.

He hesitated in holding my hand as he looked at Mason who nodded, urging him to dance, before looking back at me. Slowly, he moved his hand and the moment it touched mine, I felt it. The spark that made my insides shake, was an unexplainable feeling. I felt it.

Everyone present in the hall was watching the scene and they all were shocked when they saw me, Zoe Miller, asking a man for a dance. The unusual scene they were witnessing probably will be the breaking news of tomorrow. But, I didn't care at all. All I wanted at that moment was just to hold him closer to me.

I took his hand pulling him along with me towards the stage. I stopped in the middle of the stage before turning fully towards Ryan who was gazing at our hands before returning back to mine. Touching his other hand before bringing it towards my body, I placed it on my waist as I placed my hand on his shoulder while our free hands intertwined together, moving a step closer to him.

The spotlight was on us as I looked into his brown eyes intensely. He stiffened a little before relaxing, while all I felt was my skin getting hot and for a moment, it felt right to me. Our bodies started to move with the music slowly. I was not the person to talk around the bush but straightforward. I knew what and how I wanted everything. It was my nature, my world, and my kingdom where everything was under my control.

She likes control.

"Are you nervous?" I asked when he looked at me through those innocent eyes. God... With every second I was becoming more obsessive about his innocence. I have heard those cliché stories of love at first sight but was there any other thing like 'Obsession at first sight'?

If there is such a thing then I would denominate it with the later phase, but right now, I just wanted to worship his innocence, the soft look of his eyes. I wanted to own it. And then I did it, the thing I never thought I would do ever again in my life.

I smiled.

"No, I'm not", he answered softly, visually examining me not moving his gaze away from me when a minuscule smile plastered on my lips but soon changed into a smirk. From my visual examination, he is not a verbalizing person himself but he is good at observing. I moved closer to him before moving my hand gradually towards his nape and wrapping my fingers at the side of his neck making him slightly shiver with my touch.

"It's good to know that you are not nervous, Ryan", I whispered near his ear, intentionally, his body suddenly becoming stiff for a second. I relished how his body reacted to my words. Moving back and looking into his eyes, my hand gently caressed the back of his neck as I smirked.

"So, can I have the honor to know your full name?" I queried and smiled softly. He returned it back and nodded as he spoke.

"Ryan Bradford."

He immediately looked away but I couldn't, I stared at his face. The moment his eyes moved away from me, my smile flattered. I didn't like it. "Tell me more about yourself?" I asked trying to start a conversation with him and it perfectly worked as he smiled nervously before he spoke.