1. Hidden Monsters

Warning: This chapter contains violence and mature language.

----------------

Z O E   

"Ahhhhhh!"

"P-Please... Spare my l-life!"

This is what I crave. Beggings and cries.

"I-I'm sorry! Please let m-me go!"

Do they even mean when they say 'sorry'? Definitely not. I don't spare anyone and I don't forgive anyone. I crave for their blood when they give me betrayal. In this world, you can't trust anyone. The moment you let your walls down, the hidden monsters show their faces and try to hurt you.

Smirking at his useless attempts to free himself from the chains that kept him in place, I walked towards him as he stared at me with his fearful eyes. Blood dripped down his face and he whimpered in pain as I pushed the barrel in his wounded chest.

"I told you everything. Please let me go", he begged. But I was not done with him. Forwarding out my hand, one of the guards placed a knife in my palm.

"Uh uh, you know that I'm not that generous to let someone go that easily. I like to show good hospitality to my guests and you, Mr. White, are my guest of the day", his eyes widened as he gazed at the knife in my hand. Its sharp edge is enough to slit the throat within one attempt.

Glaring hard at him with blank eyes, I held his chin in my left hand before moving the knife closer to his right cheek. Dipping the edge in the middle of his cheek, I slowly started pulling it downward. Every second, it moved down his skin, it ripped open filled with blood. Moving knife to his arm, I cut his skin before stopping at his fingers.

"I wonder what a hand looks like without fingers?" giving him my sinister smile as he cried and shouted for help giving me the satisfaction. I held his fingers and tugged them on the hand of the chair before holding the knife high and moving it down at a fast pace as I slit his fingers away from his hand.

Moving away from his paralyzed body, I tossed the knife to one of the men before walking towards the door. I stopped and looked over my shoulder before speaking.

"Feed the dogs, they are hungry for the food."

Tying the rob around my body, I glanced at myself in the mirror only to find black eyes staring back at me without any emotion. In my twenty-five years of existence, I've smiled just ten times. What an irony? Moving my hand towards my face, I let my fingers graze the skin of my right cheek. A very old scar line that ran along my jawline, was visible but you would see its outline closely.

It reminded me of the time when I was nothing that I'm now.

Walking out of my room, I walked downstairs in the direction of the living room. My eyes took note of everyone standing in the living room as I stood above the stairs, like a devil wearing long black silk gown matching with the color of my eyes. The only thing that was missing was the devil horns.