6. The intense stare

Please vote and do comment. Support the book and don't forget to give your theories. Appreciate the efforts and I will try to upload regularly. Stay safe and healthy. I love you.

------------------

R Y A N 

Nervous.

This is what I feel whenever I'm around her. The nervousness that I have never felt with any girl, even though I'm shy, is now here with me since thefirst time I have met her. I sigh before looking at the city lights. I remember the dance I did with her a few minutes ago. I'm so confused that how unpredictable my moves have looked to her. The way I pulled her towards me without any warning.

And if it's not enough, she has been looking at me since we have had the dance.  It's making me uncomfortable but excited too and that's the problem I'm facing right now.  I have noticed how her dark smoky eyes have been looking at me the whole time I've been chatting with my friends.

Whenever I look back at her, I have found myself never wanting to take my eyes away from her. Indeed, she is beautiful but I have never looked at a girl like I've done when we danced. Hell, I have never even danced with any girl like this. The intensity in her eyes whenever she looks at me is something I've never seen before. 

It's like she has all the power over me and wouldn't it make anyone worried? 

Now, I'm standing here on the balcony gazing at the city. The soft breeze feels so good. Turning on the screen of the phone, I notice that it's been twenty minutes since I'm here alone. The phone vibrates in my hand as I noticed the text from Mason.

Where are you? Everyone is looking for you.

Placing the phone back in my pocket, I turn around to go when the door of the balcony opens and she comes inside. I tense as she looks at me through her dark black eyes, they are so deep that looking away from them is a difficult task. "What are you doing here?" she asks. I blink and look down.

"Nothing, I just came to receive a call", I see her nodding as she starts walking toward me. She just stops right beside me before placing her hands on the railing as I turn to her. We both don't say anything just stand without looking at each other. "You seem nervous", she breaks the silence as I turn my head to look at her.

"I'm not", I whisper out but nothing comes out of my mouth. She turns to me and it makes me nervous as I notice the distance between us. "You're uncomfortable around me", she says. Is it that obvious? I turn away to look at the beautiful view of the city. 

"Ryan", her voice soft as she calls my name. I turn my head to look at her but she doesn't look at me. "Yes?"

"Don't judge me just because of my status and the rumors", I feel my heart getting squeezed at her words a little when she turns fully to me, tensing me. I turn to her side too when she takes a step toward me. "I'm not that bad. I don't want to make you uncomfortable. I just want to know you more."

Her words make me nervous but her gaze is full of sincerity and I question myself, have someone ever shown this much interest in me? A boy who doesn't know how to interact with people. I look down not knowing what to say, I wish I can be like the other boys of my age.

"Ryan", her voice brings me back as I look up and meet her soft gaze. Her soft skin meets mine as she holds my hand and looks at me. "I want to have dinner with you tomorrow night", she says. My heart thumps loudly against my chest as I see her soft features looking at me without any judgment. 

"Please", she pleads and I don't want to make her feel bad. "Okay", I speak without any hesitation as she smiled. It's beautiful. I look down, my cheeks feeling hot as I hear her let out a chuckle. She must have noticed it too and it kinda makes me embarrassed.

"Give me your phone", I furrow my brows as she extends her our for me to give her my cell phone. Hesitatingly, I place the phone on her palm as she takes it and starts typing something. "Here", she gives me my phone back as I notice she has saved her number as 'Zoe ❤' before dialing it, and her phone rings, my number displaying on it.

She saves it and texts me, 'Hi'. "It's my number, I will text you the time and place."

She moves closer and I, immediately, take a step back. She notices it and looks at me with an intense stare. She starts taking steps until she stands in front of me with a little distance between us. Her head reaches my chest and she places her hand on my chest looking up into my eyes as I bend my head to look at her. 

"Your eyes... they are so beautiful", my heart beats faster at her words. Her lips turn into a smirk, she has noticed the shyness on my cheeks as they turn pink. "Let's go back", she says and walks out leaving me all nervous and flustered.

 "Let's go back", she says and walks out leaving me all nervous and flustered

I walk toward my group when Mason notices me and frowns. "Where were you?" he questions. "Sorry, I went to the restroom", he looks at me and I can tell he has actually believed me. I look around, suddenly wanting to see those eyes when I spot her standing at the corner with a few people. 

I turn to my group not wanting her to notice that I was staring at her. I don't want to look like a creep. She has shown her wish to have dinner with me but that doesn't mean she will want to have something with me. There is a huge difference between us. She is a confident woman and me? I'm just an ordinary boy who doesn't know how to stand for himself. 

Stop, Ryan. Stop your nonsense thoughts. 

I try to busy myself with my friends but I'm feeling the same stare, I've felt before. Wanting to look for it, my eyes meet her and it makes me really nervous. Standing at the center of the hall, she sips on the champagne she is holding and my eyes dart to her moves making me nervous and gulp. I want to tear away my gaze from her.

Look away, now. I tell myself but don't do it. Trying my best, I avert my gaze when I notice the huge chandelier in the center of the roof moving right above her. It shakes like it will fall any minute. My eyes widen and I look down at her and her eyes remain close, it makes me afraid. 

My heartbeat increases as I look around finding everyone busy partying. Without thinking twice, I run toward her because there is only one thing in my mind right now.

I have to save her.

Thank you for reading!