Chapter 19

Frank;

It's Friday now and I'm practically flipping my shit, scared to go around every corner, scared to enter the bathroom during hall passing and even during class, I'm especially frightened during lunch. Greyson hasn't made a single move. He hasn't hit me, insulted me, or even tried to make conversation with me again. Is it possible that Alan's correct? Could Greyson really have changed and decided to put a stop to his hostile ways? I just can't find it in me to believe it for a second. There isn't a chance. He hates me, he always has.

Today is horrible, especially horrible. Why? Gerard is sick, so that leaves me to be alone during hall passing. I'm especially terrified today as well, because I have a hunch that Greyson is going to pull a move today for the soul fact that Gerard isn't here to get him back.

I'm currently in hall passing, quickly putting things in my locker and taking other things out. It's time for math and I just really don't want to go. No offense to the subject or the teacher, but I want to go home where I know I'm safe. I sigh as I grab my math binder, then close my locker and speed-walk down the hallway. I get shoved into and bumped around, but I honestly don't care. I'm paranoid as fuck, I honestly feel safer being surrounded by all these people having no one within a five foot radius where Greyson could easily spot me.

I successfully make it to math class and take my seat in the middle. Everyone is talking with their friends, but I van barely make out the conversations going on around me as all the words are getting mixed together. A sigh escapes my mouth as I rest my head on my desk, wishing for all the noise to go away.

The bell rings, signalling that if you aren't in your class, you're late. The chatter just keeps going even though Miss Williams has slammed the door shut and asked for silence.

"Hey! Shut your mouths!" She says louder, slamming her roster book on her desk. I would tell her that speaking over teenagers who are basically screaming at their friends won't work, but I figure she'll just have to get used to that. In my opinion, she should already know that with it being second semester and all, but, oh well.

She stands there, arms crossed, for a moment or two, waiting. Eventually, the chatter stops, my classmates get silent and have their attention set on Miss Williams. "Thank you for being quiet, but since you have wasted two minutes of my class time, I'll waste two minutes of your hall passing time." The entire class starts to groan and shout out complaints, but I sit in my seat quietly. Taking two minutes off won't affect me, my next class is just around the corner.

So, all during math, Miss Williams has been receiving death glares and middle fingers when she turns her back to us. It, to be quite honest, is pissing me off. If these people would just learn to shut the fuck up after the bell they won't get punished like that.

While Miss Williams is writing out how to solve the algebraic expression, I look up at the clock, seeing that we have three minutes left, plus the extra two.

People start packing up, closing their binders and notebooks, causing Miss Williams to turn around, looking quite angry. "What are you doing? There's still time."

"Not really!" A kid on front of me shouts, pointing at the clock.

"After this problem you will get your homework. Deal with it." She lets a little smirk grace her lips. Honestly, I like Miss Williams. She doesn't put up with people's shit. Most teachers here just pass things off without a care in the world, not her.

The bell rings, signalling class to be over. Everyone starts grabbing their things and getting up, ready to dash out the door. I stay in my seat, in no rush to leave— or get shouted at.

"Not so fast," Miss Williams says, "you have two minutes and I need to give you your homework." The two minutes pass quickly, filled with the sound of paper as it gets passed out and shoved into folders. It's also filled with these snobby cunts whispering to each other about how much they they hate Miss Williams.