Chapter 20

Frank;

If I'm being quite honest, this weekend has sucked terribly. I've just been spending it curled up in bed since Gerard is sick. I would go over to his house and risk getting sick, but my immune system is such shit that even without him I'll probably get sick eventually.

I sigh and sit up, getting out of bed to go downstairs and find something to eat. That's all I've been doing since I got home from school on Friday: sleep, eat, go to the bathroom. Gerard hasn't been texting me much, but that's okay, he's probably just really tired or something.

When I get downstairs, I see my mom on the couch, watching a television show that I have never watched before. It looks boring, to be honest, but if she finds interest in it, then okay.

I pass from the living room into the kitchen and check through the refrigerator. I find a bunch of things that I refuse to eat, but I also find some fruit and vegetables. I shrug and grab an apple, rolling it around in my hands. I close the fridge with my foot and go back into the living and up the stairs.

When I get in my room and close the door, I look down at the red apple, mainly at the stem, and shrug, thinking what the hell. Everyone does that stupid alphabet game with it, so why not?

I clamp my index finger and thumb on the stem and silently go through the alphabet while twisting it. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J. It broke on J. Well, apparently the person I'm going to marry has a name that starts with J. Hm.. Jerry, Joey, Joseph...

I laugh at myself, that apple game is so stupid. I'm pretty sure Gerard is it for me. I mean, I've said it multiple times to him. The past doesn't matter.

I chomp down into the apple, wiping away the juice that runs down my chin. I lay back in my bed, putting an arm behind my head while I stare up at the ceiling and take occasional bites of the fruit.

I just kind of start thinking, which is pretty inevitable when I'm sitting here in silence, doing nothing. It isn't anything too bad, just miscellaneous thoughts. Some darker than others.

I love Gerard.

What made my mom decide to rebuild our relationship?

What would've happened if I would've succeeded?

What made Greyson decide to be a douche? Gerard, too, when he was friends with him.

I sigh quietly and look over at my phone, checking for any notifications. There's a few Instagram notifications, but that's it.

"Okay," I breathe out, tossing the apple core in the trash can. "Nap time."

*

Mondays, I swear, are the day looked forward to the least for everyone in the world. Waking up on a Monday morning is like waking up with bricks tied to your eyelids, weights holding you down on your bed, and motivation no where in sight. It's the worst because I know I have to get up to shower and get ready. Can't they just make school not take place on Monday? I'd gladly go on Saturday instead.

My main worry of today is not that it's Monday, it's what today is going to hold. Will Greyson attack me again? Well, will I deserve it this time is the real question.

I sigh and roll out of bed, landing with a small thump from my feet on the carpet. I decide to skip a shower, as gross as that sounds, but my hair doesn't look greasy, my skin looks okay, I don't look too shabby, and I smell fine. So, I grab a plain gray shirt from my closet and a pair of black skinny jeans from my dresser. I throw them on and comb my fingers through my hair, which is probably a bad idea since I don't want my hair to look greasy..

Shrugging it off, I grab socks, my shoes, my jacket, and my bag and jog downstairs, choosing to finish getting ready down there.

When I get to the living room, I dump all my things on the couch and sit down, digging my socks and shoes out of the pile so I can put them on.

Gerard texted me yesterday, very little as I mentioned, but one said that I should go over this morning because he's feeling a little better and he wants to try to go to school (that's if Elena lets him). So, I'm ten minutes earlier than I would be if I was walking to school by myself.

After getting dressed the rest of the way, I walk out the door, locking it behind me, and jog across the street over to Gerard and Mikey's house. I knock on their front door, waiting for it to open, which it eventually does, revealing Elena's smiling face. "Good morning, Frank."

"Morning, Elena, how are you?" I say as I walk inside, closing the door afterwards.

"I'm just fine, now Gerard told me he wants to go to school today.. But his temperature is still a little above normal and he can't go long without coughing or blowing his nose, so I think I'm going to keep him out another day. Sorry, dear." Shit. I guess this day might play out the way it did Friday, only I plan on not saying anything to Greyson.

"That's alright, Elena," I say quietly, looking into the living room to see Mikey on the couch watching some morning cartoon.

"I think he'll be able to go back tomorrow, he is getting better."

"I hope," I mutter, not caring whether she hears or not. I'd just rather go to school with some form of protection. I'm not really the greatest at defending myself, it just makes everything worse. Well, that, and I miss my boyfriend.

She pats my shoulder and walks off, going down the hallway somewhere, maybe to her bedroom. So, not wanting to just stand here like a lump on a log, I walk into the living room and stand next to the couch that Mikey's sitting on. "Morning, Mikes."

"Hey, Frank," he says, his eyes never leaving the screen. Honestly the cartoon looks bad, but who am I to judge?

"Come on, we need to leave for school." I grab the remote off the arm of the couch and turn off the TV, inevitably earning a whine from Mikey.

"I don't want to."

"Well I'm not so eager either. At least you can spend some time with your boyfriend," I grumble, walking off to the door and waiting for Mikey to grab his bag and put shoes on.

"Yeah, that's if he wants to. If he still has a stick up his ass, I won't want to spend much time with him." What? Last I heard them talk, which was Friday, they were all I love you and I love you more.

"What happened with Ray?"

Mikey groans and pushes me out the door, beginning the journey to school. "We got into an argument."

*~*~*~*

Ehh filler chapter kind of. Sorry for the cliffhanger, but I'm kind of drawing blanks but I want you guys to know that I might not update much. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I want to happen with this story. I don't have an exact ending planned, I don't know what emotion to put into it yknow? So, I'm going to spend the next few days– week maybe– with The Whore and The Virgin and figuring out this story a little. Alright?

I love you guys!

xoCrashFire