Chapter 26

Frank;

It's been a week since everything with Mikey and Ray happened. Our group hasn't been seeing much of Ray which kind of sucks, for me, I mean. I'm not sure how Mikey is feeling about it.. Broken would be my best guess; with or without his presence. Even though he did break my best friend's heart, he's a really cool dude. In music class, he sits with a group of other kids who play guitar,  they talk about it, play around, teach each other things. I don't recognize any of them, except Ray of course.

"Just look at him," Mikey says, slouching over in his chair. "Laughing with those guys.. Having a good time.."

"Mikey, stop," Bob says. "You're only hurting yourself when you do that."

"I know, but.." He starts, only to get cut off by Bob.

"No, man. You can't do that to yourself. You need to try to move on. You can't let a break up control your life like that." I'll admit, for someone who doesn't really say much, he has good input. I was just thinking about telling Mikey how that relationship is obviously not the one he's supposed to be in. Thanks Bob.

"I'm not trying to let it, I just still love him," Mikey says, trying to reason with Bob. It doesn't really work, Bob just gives him a poker face.

"It sucks, man, but if you let everything get to you like that, you won't be able to move on. Ever. You'll just be stuck having to watch Ray be happy while you're sitting over here wishing it was you who was making him that way. And you don't want that. Nobody wants that." Mikey still sits slouched in his chair, looking like none of the things Bob said had an affect on him at all.

"I don't want that," Mikey repeats. "I want to be happy..." I know Mikey was going to say something after that, and I'm sure I know what it was going to be. It's good that he stopped himself, I guess. Maybe it's a sign of trying to move on already.

"Yeah?" Bob asks, a little smile on his lips.

Mikey nods, still looking, well, not like himself. His lips are angled downwards, showing a frown. "Mhm."

"Now, go pick up a bass and start playing something. You can't sit over here and mope around the whole hour. To that, Mikey only nods and heaves himself from the chair, walking over to one of the guitar racks, picking up a bass.

"You give some good advice, Bob," Gerard says, speaking up for the first time since we entered this classroom.
"Well, I was tired of seeing him all sad. I don't like when people are sad, so I thought I'd say something to try to help him, and I guess I did. I don't know."

"It's better than what I would've said," I reply, shrugging my shoulders. "Anyways, I'm gonna go jam out or something. Feel free to join me if you want, both of you."

"Nah, man, I'm going to go do shit on drums by myself, but I'll see you at lunch," Bob says, getting up as he says so. I nod my head, standing up as well, and watch as he walks away.

"Coming?" I ask Gerard, looking down at him still sat in his chair, just now noticing the notebook he has balancing on his thighs while he looks down at it.

"Um, no, I'm working on a song and I really want to try to get some of it done this hour," he replies, only glancing up at me for a split second.

"I could help you," I say, trying to get him to go with me. I just want to spend some time with him. Time where neither of us are worrying or talking about Mikey's break up, where we don't have to be serious. I just want to spend time with my boyfriend. This past week, that hasn't really been happening. The topic would usually be how Mikey's doing. It isn't what we intended, but he's been so down that it's starting to make people worry about him. Elena is probably the one worrying most, if I had to pick anyone. All week she's come down to Gerard's room, telling us how when she walks past his room, she can hear him crying or something. He refuses to tell her what's wrong, or even let her into his room. I ended up telling her. Her reaction wasn't really much, just an unsure, "Really?" Afterwards, she left Gerard's room, probably to go try to coax Mikey out of his bedroom.