Chapter 30

Frank;

Today, I can already tell, will not be the most pleasant. But, it will most definitely not be the worst. Gerard obviously got suspended for fighting, as did Greyson. So, unpleasant due to the lack of Gerard in the school for three days. Pleasant due to the lack of Greyson for three days. Without Greyson here, his posse doesn't know what to do. It's like they stand around questioning their own existence when he isn't there to tell them what to think. It's kind of pathetic.

Mikey and I walk through the front doors, I'm stood up tall while Mikey is slouching a little. He's a little bummed out today and he won't really tell me why. My best guess is Ray, but I'm not sure. Maybe it's a random bout of sadness.

I'm able to hold a smile while walking through the main hallway on my way to my locker. Without the ringleader, I can have a normal day at school. I can walk around without being tripped, pushed, called names etc. Words can't describe how wonderful it feels. I just need to remind myself, this is only lasting until Thursday.

Mikey mopes along to his locker, mumbling that he'll see me in music. I sigh and turn to face my locker, pulling the latch up and pulling the door open. Is this how Mikey used to feel when I was in one of my.... moods? If so, then I feel sorry for him because that was me, like, everyday. It's kinda like the emotion is rubbing off onto me. Suddenly, this day isn't starting out as well.

I pull out my needed folders and binders, then close my locker. When I turn around, Ray is walking past me. So, I fall in step with him and ask him a question: "Did you and Mikey talk or something?"

"Why?" He asks, not answering my question.

"He's all upset this morning, he didn't really talk much. It's kind of like the break up all over again, just not as upset."

"He texted me last night," he replies, shaking his head a little, or maybe it was just his hair moving. "He asked if there was, and I quote, ever, ever, ever, ever, in a million years, ever a chance that we could give our relationship another chance."

"Your reply was no," I state.

"I didn't straight up say no, like, I explained that the relationship just wasn't what I was hoping it would be. I sent him a text so long the box for it was the length of, like, my phone eight times. It was just a long explanation that I think he needed. I realize it made him upset, but I really don't fancy sugarcoating things like that. I don't want to that person who says that there may be a chance when there obviously isn't, he needs to understand that." And I understand that. In the long run, he's actually helping Mikey. I think Ray did the right thing, saying what he felt and saying that there isn't really hope for their relationship. It's better than saying: "There might be a chance for us." or whatever and getting his hopes up just to crush him later. It gives Mikey time to mourn so he can move on.

"So, you didn't say no? You just explained why you wouldn't have a chance?"

"I didn't say no at the beginning. At the very end of the message I told him that I'm sorry and that I really don't think a second chance would work."

We finally approach the music room and walked in, dropping the conversation for obvious reasons. The room is full of chattering students and different rhythms from different instruments jumbling together. This place kinda feels like home even though it didn't start out that way. After first quarter, when Gerard stopped being a huge douche, everything calmed down and now we all just get along. It's like a family, but, yknow, we're not related. 

Ray and I sit down in chairs, looking around the classroom. From the looks of it, Mr. Peters isn't in here and neither is Mikey. "So, I was on Facebook last night," Ray says, but doesn't say anything else.