Chapter 15: Bolder

10 tributes left I tell myself. Caleb and I are walking through the forest. The sun set an hour ago and it's becoming pitch black.
"We should stop sone" I say to Caleb
"Here is a pretty hidden spot" Caleb says as he lifts a branch and walked into a area covered with leaves and has two big rocks.
"Ok this looks like a good spot" I say
"I'll take first watch" Caleb says
"Ok good night" I say as I lay down and quickly fall into deep sleep.
*******************************
I wake up in the middle of night and I here a dripping sound. "Is it raining" I think to myself. I look and the big tree behind me and I see blood dripping down. I start screaming and Caleb wakes up.
"What is it?" He says. I point to the tree half paralyzed. Caleb looks up into the tree.
"Well I guess that's 8 tributes left" he says
"What!" I say "there were 10 left last night"
"Well a cannon went off after you went to sleep" he says
"Ohh" I say "wait how did she die"
"DUCK" Caleb screams. I duck as I feel something skim across my head. Caleb throws his spear and a cannon went off.
"7" Caleb says "are you ok"
"I...i... d...don't....know" I stuttered
"Let's wrap that up" he says as he wraps a bandage around my head.
"So why were you sleeping, no one was taking watch." I say
"Well I was so tired and I couldn't wake you, you just looked so calm, like an angle."
"Thank... you" I say as I can't help myself but smile. "We need to leave and find water"
"Ok your all wrapped up lets go"
We walk towards and giant mountain but we know we won't make it there today. The starts to get hotter and both need water. We have to water bottle that are half way full. They will last us till tomorrow.
A/N : so I wasn't planing on doing this but I'm going to do a quick P.O.V change. I hope you like it!
Gabe's P.O.V
I watch the tv and I see Kaitlynn. I still can't say anything. I haven't said anything since she volunteered, neither has dad. Why did she have to volunteer? WHY?!?!?!?!? She has the biggest heart I have ever seen. I don't what the hunger games to change her. When she comes back home she will be stronger and I will never let her out of my arms again. I can't keep watching her on tv but I have faith in her.
Kaitlynn's P.O.V
I've been a day without water and I start to feel dizzy.
"I need water" I keep repeating "I need water"
"It's ok Kaitlynn, we'll have some tonight" Caleb tells me. Then the hallucinations start. I start to see my dad, he's here then he's there. I try to focus on walking, one foot in front of the other. Before I know it the sun is setting and Caleb points to the lake. I run towards it at. Caleb cleans it and puts it in the water bottles. I start to gulp it down.
"We need to stop here well start walking in the morning." Caleb says
"Ok I'll take watch" I say. Caleb lays down. I take off my bandages and check my head. it's going to get affected soon so I I take some water and clean it. It stings as I clean it. I wrap it up with new bandages.
The anthem plays in the sky. There are 7 tributes left, 4 are careers, then there's us and one other boy left. I try not to think about what we'll do if we're the last two. I sort through all the things we have left then I pack it all up.
******************************
Caleb turns and tosses. Then he sits up.
"You sleep now, I'll take watch" he says
"Ok" I respond. I climb Into the sleeping bag I laid out. The night gets colder as I fall asleep.
******************************
I wake up to a sharp pain. I sit up to see Caleb cooking something with a very low-smoke fire. My head keeps pounding hard. I take of the bandages and my head is all red and infected.
"Owww" I screech
"Are you ok" Caleb asks
"Yeah, I think" I manage to say.
"Look" Caleb says as he points to a parachute that fell a couple feet away. Caleb grabs the container and pulls out a little container.
"It's ointment" he says as he throws it at me. I catch it and quickly put it on my wound. My head feels so much better. We eat and then we start to walk. We make it to the mountain by noonish.
"I'm going to go see how far the mountain is that what so just stay here" Caleb says
"Ok I'll be here" I say back as he starts to walk away. I end up standing there for what feels like forever until I hear footsteps.
"Good your back" I start "I thought you left me" I turn around and see not Caleb but the remaining boy tribute. He isn't a career but he's strong. He's holding a giant bolder and he throws it. I gasp as the bolder lands on my left foot
"Owww" I scream as I fall to the ground. The boy pulls out his sword and slowly walks towards me. My heart races and it hard to breathe. I hear more foots steps as Caleb runs up behind him. He throws the spear he's holding straight into his heart from behind. He collapses to the ground and a cannon goes off.
"Thanks" I manage to say "oww" I grunt in pain. Caleb rushes over to me and uses all his might to roll the bolder off my foot. I take my boot off and my foot is gushing blood. We get out the ointment and put it on it then wrap it with bandages.