Chapter 14: killing

We walk for the rest of the day. We didn't talk we just walked. It started to get dark so we set up a small camp.
"I'll take first watch" I say
"Are you sure, I can take first watch" he says with a concerning tone in his voice.
"Yah I'll be fine" I say
That was the last thing we said that night. He went to bed and I walked around playing with a stick. The anthem started to play I saw Fawn's face in the sky along with two others. Tears started running down my face. I wiped them away and sat down next to Caleb. I was awake for most of the night until Caleb woke up and told me to get some rest.
I woke in the morning to Caleb handing me a piece of cooked meet.
"What is this" I say
"It's deer" he says "It took me forever to hunt and to cook it so eat up"
We finish eating and pack up and leave. The sun rises up behind us as walk.
"So what should we do now?" I ask
"Maybe we should go the the cornucopia and try to get more weapons" he says
"Ok but he have to be careful and what about the careers" I ask
"There probably going out to find there next victim right now" he says
"Ok "I say "but let's try not to be that victim"
We walked toward the cornucopia until we got close and heard voices. There was to people, probably allies, yelling at each other. One was yelling at the other threatening to hurt her and the other one was saying that she needed her.
"What should we do" I mutter to Caleb
"I don't know" he admits
"Well there's 10 dead tributes so that means there's 12 more" I say
"So are saying we should kill them and have ten tributes left" he says with a joking smile on his face. I smile. Wow it feels good, I haven't smiled in a long time. We stay there watching the girls fight for a while unit I saw some out her girl tun up to them and stab one girl in the heart. A cannon goes off as the other girl started screaming and backing away as the girl with a wicked smile and a bloody knife walked towards her. I grab my knife and throw it hitting the girl in the head. She falls dead and let's go of her knife. A cannon goes off and the other girl starts running and is long gone. Caleb smiles at me as he says "10 tributes left" I shrug and we walk to the cornucopia. I look through thinks while Caleb keeps watch. I grab weapons, food, water, and supplies and we run into the forest as the sun sets.