Chapter 7: The Night

We get escorted back to the apartment and I go to my room and take a long shower. I skip dinner and put my pjs on then get strait into bed. Tomorrow is are personal day and at the end they will tell us are scores. I quickly fall asleep and that night I had my first nightmare since I was five. it went like this.
The hunger games had started and I was sitting in a tree then the girl from district 1,Kriss, had pulled the tree from underneath me. I had fell and got severely hurt. Then the careers surrounded me the Caleb graves a knife and said "nighty night" as he stabbed the knife in my heart.
I woke up screaming. Then there was a knock at the door so I got out of bed and opened the door to find Caleb standing there.
"You ok?" He asked
"Yeah I had a nightmare." I said
"Yeah" he said "that's why I'm awake to."
"You want to come in?" I ask
"Sure" he says. He comes in and we both sit on my bed. We just sit there for a while till I break the ice and said "so what did the careers say to you at lunch?"
"They asked if I wanted to join there team, they said they could win with me."
"And what did you say?" I ask
"I said I would think about it"
"Oh" I say as I look down
"But they told me that it was a yes or a no and I had to answer right now."
" So... what did you say?"
" I said yes because If I said no they would probably have me there target."
He looks at me and I start crying and I had no idea why. I could tell Caleb didn't know what to do. I leaned over and hugged him and he hugged me back. It was the first time I felt truly safe. We just sat there for a while, me in his arms. It just felt right for some reason. And then it hit me. BOOM!!!!!! Like a bomb in the face, I was in love with Caleb. Back at home barely anyone new me just a couple friends and I never really liked anyone.
So I looked up at his face and my throat went dry when I said "Caleb, I love you I want you to know that."
He said in return "Kaitlynn, I know your 14 and I'm 15 but at school I would watch you every day walk by me, never looking up and I have to admit it but I loved you but no one ever knew I didn't even know it myself until now."
We just sat there in silence for a while, him stroking my hair and holding me until I woke up still in his lap.
"Good morning Kaitlynn."
"What Time is it?" I ask
"Like 6" Caleb says
"Ok you better go to your room before Colly gets here"
He got up and left and I was left there in my bed.