To be loved (by you) | Taejin pt 1

Seokjin's convinced he's never going to be loved by someone, mainly because he believes there's nothing worth loving about him.

Though, it's difficult to maintain this thought when Taehyung stands in front of him seven years after leaving, being the only person to ever prove him wrong.

___

Disclaimer - The first chapters are about Seokjins and Taehyungs past, in which Taehyung is underage most of the time. There's a three-year age gap between them, and that means, Seokjin will become eighteen while Taehyung is still fifteen. It may appear something will happen between them, but nothing will until Taehyung is of age.

This was originally meant to be a Jinkook story, that's why Jungkook is older than Taehyung by two years. The character suits Taehyung better in my opinion and I missed writing Taejin a lot.

I hope you enjoy the story, it'll be split into four or five parts. The updates will be irregular, but I'll try to not take too long. :)

Until then, enjoy the first one. ♡

___

Fate, destiny - however you want to call it - has a way of being cruel and beautiful at the same time. Seokjin would never understand how it's not to be blamed for the twists and turns it creates in this very world where nothing and everything happens.

He would describe his life as humble, maybe a little boring, but never too uncontrollable and definitely nothing to be enthusiastic about. It's not a never ending monotony, it's not saddening - he's just waiting for the next day to come, only to wait for it to pass too.

It's not bad, maybe some people even strive for a life where everything's in control, maybe they love the silence. Maybe they would be happier living it.

Of course, Seokjin has thought about it - if he was happy the way he was, if he needed changes, and what he could do to compensate the emptiness in his chest. But then again, he wasn't too sure if those changes could actually get him fulfillment.

What if he was never meant to know the feeling of coming home.

As depressing as he describes his life, it truly isn't. He owns a small cafe, glad to work along with his best friend, Jimin, who has been by his side for more than ten years. It's going surprisingly well, Seokjin hasn't had the confidence for it to survive even for a week.

And he wouldn't have made it, if it wasn't for Namjoon supporting and managing their financial aspects, as well as Hoseok attracting customers with his charming smile while radiating Joy. Seokjin finds himself enjoying the day a little more as long as Hoseok greets him with such happiness, that he instinctively can't contain his own grin - the contagious optimistic parasite he is.

"You seem to be in a good mood today." Seokjin states after entering the cafe in the morning, finding Jimin already giggling and smiling to himself as if the sun itself has taught him how to shine.

Jimin breaths deeply to collect himself, before touching his blushing cheeks, instantly turning to Seokjin. "I think Jungkook's going to propose today."

"Oh?" Seokjin says, "How come?"

"Could be because he made a reservation in the restaurant we had our first date at for tonight." Jimin explains and dreamily leans his skull on his palm above the counter. "Or the ring be forgot in his jacket this morning. I don't know, you decide."