To be loved (by you) | Taejin pt 4

"I don't get it." Jimin states after returning, having failed to convince Taehyung to stay, "Just what happened in the span of an hour for you to hate each other? What did I miss?"

Seokjin sighs hard and avoids eye contact with Jimin as the younger takes a seat on the stool next to his.

"That didn't go how I imagined." Jimin adds downhearted, understanding that Seokjin doesn't want to talk about it. "I wanted you to meet Taehyung so badly because I thought it would make you happier, but now I just made everyone sad. I'm so sorry, Jin, I made everything worse."

At that, Seokjin winces as guilt stabs his heart repeatedly. Jimin shouldn't be the one apologizing - Jimin wouldn't be the one apologizing if he knew what happened in the garden of this restaurant.

"I need to talk to you after the dinner." Seokjin says after emptying his glass, set on telling Jimin the truth and risking it all. Jimin doesn't deserve to be lied to, not when he's been nothing but a good person and Seokjins best friend for over a decade. "It's really important."

Jimin carefully shuffles closer and rubs his back. "Of course." he says emphatically, "you can tell me anything. It's not over, we'll find a way to fix things between you two."

It doesn't even surprise Seokjin that Jimin believes the conversation will be about Taehyung. But to be truthful, Seokjin doesn't have any space inside his mind to fully progress Taehyung is back into his life, all his thoughts only circle around the kiss.

Jimin stays with Seokjin throughout the rest of the night, only parting to share his goodbyes to the guests once they leave in the end.

Seokjins mother must sense something is off, because she's only hugging him shortly and smiles, renouncing on joking for the sake of his son. So does his father - patting his back and saying they will meet in Thailand.

One after the other leaves and everyone tells Jimin they had a great time at the sample dinner. Even cake was served and people had the honor to vote on which tasted the best - Seokjin finds it ironic because he might have just ruined his friends wedding completely.

Jungkook refuses to look at him, and Seokjin can't blame him for it. After all, the younger is probably not only beating himself up for kissing someone who's not his fiance, but also his fiances best friend. How awful to be an adult and responsible for their own decisions sometimes, Seokjin hates it.

"Jimin," Jungkook says after the restaurant empties expect for the three of them, "I need to tell you something."

At that, the mentioned male smiles unsurely and switches his gaze between Jungkook and Seokjin, noticing them to be weirdly serious after a night that was supposed to be fun.

"Yeah, Jin wanted to talk too. Let's head home first and clean up in the morning." Jimin states and seems to get a little anxious.

Seokjin follows them to their house in his own car, before all of them step out of their vehicles and walk up to the front door.

Their house is giant and already perfectly adjusted to their liking. It has everything the couple needs for a lifetime filled with happiness, even a storage room that can easily be transformed into a children's.

They always dreamed of adopting a few kids. It was supposed to be the most beautiful love story, and it just may have ended with one kiss, all because Seokjin got too emotional.

On their way, Jungkook sends Seokjin an uncertain look, but the other can't offer anything more than a forced smile.

Inside, Seokjin doesn't even bother to make himself comfortable, for he believes Jimin will kick him out anyway. So that's why he sits with a stiff posture on the couch, facing Jimin on the opposite as Jungkook sits next to him.