To be loved (by you) | Taejin pt 5

In the morning, Seokjin awakes with hint of a headache and a pain in his neck. The bed wasn't really uncomfortable, it's just the sleep that was just horrible in itself, possibly because of karma or some curse from the universe for being a dumbass.

The covers still smell faintly of Taehyungs cologne and Seokjin snuggles into them for a little longer, basking in what might be the closest feeling of a hug from Taehyung.

It's still warm and the room is bright, yet dimmed from the sunlight caused by the closed curtains. Seokjin can't quite choose if it's the best or worst morning he ever had. Worst because he just ruined his best friends wedding by kissing Jungkook, and best because Taehyung is back after seven years just sleeping on the other side of the wall - probably still very mad and grumpy but he is there.

Taehyung is back. That alone earns a small squeal from Seokjin, who trashes from one side to the other with a bright grin. The circumstances are awful, but he allows himself this small moment of happiness.

Though, he can't escape the need to wash up in the bathroom, as well as the grumbling of his stomach which becomes horrifying the more he tries to ignore it. As much as he just wants to stay in bed, he can't escape facing the next day and maybe try to fix things.

After a few more minutes, followed by a frustrated groan that's muffled by the pillow, he rolls over and stumbles to the bathroom that's connected to the bedroom.

The hotel room is almost shaped like a small apartment. It has it's own kitchen right next to the entrance, a small living room with a couch and TV, and the bedroom that's right next to the bathroom. Quite cozy actually, Seokjin wouldn't mind staying for a while.

After he's done in the bathroom, he yawns and walks towards the livingroom, only to notice that the couch is empty, which causes Seokjin to stop and multifunction for a moment.

Even after looking around, Taehyung isn't there anymore, and Seokjin feels like his heart is sinking. Taehyung wouldn't just leave, right? He was pretty mad yesterday, but he wouldn't go without saying goodbye. Because Seokjin doesn't think he's able to accept it just like that.

In slight panic, Seokjin awakes fully and runs back to the bathroom to change into his clothes in order to chase after Taehyung. He has no plan whatsoever, but if Taehyung dissappears from his life after one day, Seokjin will probably search the world to find him again.

His clothes are dried and neatly folded on the shelf, they smell freshly washed and Seokjin wonders just how Taehyung managed to do it without him awakening to anything. Usually, he's a very light sleeper, but with Taehyung it seemed his body got too comfortable or felt safe enough to sleep through it.

Just as he's about to run out of the front door after barely managing to change in hurry, it opens by itself with Taehyung coming inside, holding a few bags from the grocery store and bakery nearby. He looks at Seokjin bewildered after coming face to face with him by the entrance.

An audible sigh of relief escapes Seokjin and his procure relaxes while he closes his eyes to try to calm his pounding heart. A small chuckle leaves him.

Taehyung was just getting breakfast.

At that Seokjin swears, he needs to find a way to get over those abandonment issues.

"Uh," Taehyung begins after scanning Seokjins reaction, "what are you doing?"

"I thought you left." Seokjin responds honestly and moves aside for Taehyung, who walks towards the kitchen island and places the ingredients on it.

Amusement flashes through Taehyungs eyes. "And you were what? Trying to run after me?"

Seokjin smiles a little. "Don't flatter yourself. Of course not."