Chapter Twenty Seven

Steve woke up, tied to a chair. He tried to get out of the ropes that tied his wrists down, tugging on them, but he couldn't free them.

He continued to try to break free, a grunt or two would fill up the empty, dark room. He got kidnapped, again.

But this time, there was a wall with one way glass, as if he was in an interrogation room of some sort. To Steve, it didn't look like an interrogation room, it was a cement brick walled room and concrete floors, much less nicer than an interrogation room.

As he continued to pull on the ropes, a door opened. In walked Zemo, Rumlow and a couple unfamiliar faces.

"What do you want now, Zemo? Here to torture me about my friends again?" Steve growled, he wasn't going to give information about them, he would die before he gave up anything on his friends.

"No, Mr. Rogers, I came to-"

"Captain Rogers."

Zemo sighed, "Captain Rogers, I came to turn you into something better, someone better than who you are now."

Steve was confused. What was he talking about? "What do you mean?"

"You'll be our next asset to HYDRA, the next assassin, or the next Winter Soldier," Zemo smiles mischievously.

For the next five days, Steve has been tortured, they were preparing him for chair to get wiped.

They dragged the limp Steve out of the room and into a larger one that had a one way window as well. But this time, someone in particular was behind it.

Bucky had woken up behind that specific one way mirror, but he couldn't see through it. The lights were dark in the room, he could only see shadows through it, moving amongst the darkness. He continued to look through when someone walked into the room he was in. It was Zemo. "Ah, you have finally woken Mr. Barnes. I'd hate for you to miss the show," Zemo told him.

"What show?"

"This one," and with that, Zemo turned the lights on in the room opposite of Bucky, but what he saw angered him.

They had Steve. He was in the chair they used to wipe him clean of all his memories. Bucky didn't't like this, he needed to get him out. Now.

"Get him out!" Bucky roars, nothing but pure anger filled his voice. "He doesn't deserve this! Take me instead."

Zemo looks at him, glee sparkling in his eyes. "No can do, Barnes. You want nothing to do with HYDRA, so we will turn him into our next asset."

"No! Don't... Don't do this!" Bucky yells, trying to get out of his seat to help Steve, but the constraints are keeping him in place. Bucky continued to grow angry, but he froze the second he heard Steve screaming.

He was screaming and yelling out Bucky's name. Bucky couldn't stand it so he continued to attempt to break free, tugging, grunting, yelling. He just wants to help Steve, wants to stop his screaming and take him back home. Wants him back in his arms.

Bucky continues to break free, desperately to help Steve. He knew Steve didn't deserve any of this, and he knows all too well how this all feels.

"Let him go.. please. Just left him go!" Bucky yells at Zemo until his ears were filled with a deathly silence.

Bucky tears his eyes from Zemo to look at Steve, seeing him in the chair looking lifeless until he moved his head up. Steve looked directly into the glass, like he could see through the glass and was staring into Bucky's eyes.

But instead of the electrifying ocean blue hues that Steve's eyes once held, they now hold a stormy, dullness color to them.

Bucky begins to have a shocked face. It took them once to wipe Steve and he didn't understand how he was easily turned into a brainless wonderer. It clicked to Bucky once his eyes roamed up and down Steve's body; the bruises and cuts were from torture.

They tortured him enough to make his brain weaker and make it easier to comply to the brainwashing.

The lifeless, limp looking Steve was soon greeted with Zemo, who left Bucky to go check on his newest asset.

"Hello, Captain Rogers." Zemo greeted ominously.

Steve just moved his head up with as much power as he could.

"You're going to be a lovely new addition to Hydra."