Chapter Thirty

Steve has been healing these past few weeks and has been spending more time with the team as well as Bucky. He's been training as well as talking about everything he has gone through to Bucky and slowly everyone else. His smile is more frequent, but there's a main reason why it's been so vibrant.

Steve and Bucky have been going on more dates, going out or staying inside but they've been together almost everyday and have never left each other's side. Except for when Steve is in his secret art room only him, Tony and FRIDAY know about.

He's been painting him and Bucky from the 1940s when they were both in their army uniforms to give to him in the next few days.

It's spring time and he plans to take Bucky out into a grassy area surrounded by trees with their leaves turning a bright green and flowers blooming as the painting sits on a canvas in the middle of it all.

He's ready for Bucky to see it, ready to give him a look into the past that were good times instead of having to focus on the bad times from it.

Steve finishes up the final lines and signs it. He steps back from the piece and gasps, he knows Bucky is going to love the piece and the whole day in general since it's not the only thing planned.

(Credit unknown but that's the painting that Steve was painting for Bucky)

Steve gets in black slacks and a crimson colored shirt leaving the top two buttons undone. He walks to the commons to wait for Bucky to come out, his nerves settling in.

He twiddles his thumbs, paces back and forth but he pauses when he hears, "Doll, what's with the pacing? It's only a date with me."

Steve turns to the sound of the soft yet husky voice, eyes flaming when he sees Bucky with dark grey slacks, a Blue dress shirt with its sleeves rolled and top buttons undone.

"I think we should stay home. I don't want anybody seeing you in that because you look really damn good," he growls, stepping closer to Bucky and planting soft kiss on his lips.

"I could say the same thing about you doll, but today you said you had the day planned and I would love to see what Mr. star spangled man has planned," Bucky smiles as they walk into the elevator to go down to lobby, hand in hand and their eyes staring into the others as they descend.

They got to the lobby and they walk out the doors and begin walking down the sidewalk. Their first stop: the coffee shop.

Bucky and Steve walk in to wait in line for their coffees, chatting and giggling when they eventually order and get their coffee. They walk back out of the little cafe and stroll down the streets of Manhattan, stopping in little shops or to look at the birds swooping in to get food that has been dropped or even to just people watch.

After a few hours of that, Steve drags Bucky to a restaurant. Its Italian, where they sit in a secluded corner. Steve and Bucky both get water to drink as they look over the menu.