Friendship? - Chapter 10

I walk confidently towards the lake. Hoping to intimidate the wolves into leaving me alone. It worked, slightly. I kept the 2 wolves to my right. One was slightly smaller than the other and was laying down, while the one that chased me was sitting down next to it staring at me. He watched my each move with precaution.

When the lake dried up it must've make rock pools. There were smaller ponds, with many fish in them. I could practically pick them up in my hands. Soon enough I had 6 fish speared on one of my spears. They were dead and all reasonable sizes.

A whine to my left made me turn in fright. Had the wolves caught up to me? I look back to my right and see the 2 still there. Turning back to my left I see something. A tail peering out from a rock. I walk over to it and look over the rock, there was another brown wolf. I had a feeling these 3 were together. It snarled seeing me and I dropped a fish down near it's snout. It quickly ate it and I watched it's pupils grow in size.

I walked away hoping it would follow me, it surprisingly did. I brought it back to the other wolves and they all sat together, conforming my suspicion. I could tell they were close, and they reminded me of George, Sapnap and Dream.

The one laying down was George, he was smaller in size and had a floppy ear. Dream was the wolf that chased after me. He had a piece of his ear left missing, which I assume is from a battle and he sat quite confidently. Then lastly Sapnap, he was the wolf I just found, he neither had a floppy ear or a battle scar, but he had a thicker coat and stood a bit further away from the other 2, more independently.

I fed them my fish, all of them. There was plenty more in the lake, and I was hoping to gain their trust. Each of them got 2 fish before I decided to head back to the lake. Sapnap, the wolf followed me back and watched how I hunted the fish. I should probably name them. I looked back over the wolves. I decided the Dream wolf would be Leo. For obvious reasons. Then George wolf would be Rune and Lastly Sapnap the wolf will be nearby named as Flint.

I ended up catching another 13 fish while Flint managed to get one, he couldn't help eating it straight away though.

I sat down next to my newly made campfire while 2 fish hung over the fish cooking. I used my knife to cut up the remaining fish and give the wolves smaller pieces, each saying their corresponding name. By the time my fish had finished cooking, I'm pretty sure they had a small idea of their new names. Leo, Rune and Flint.

Dark soon hit and the only light I had was from the campfire, everything else disappeared into the dark. There was faint stares in the sky and I couldn't help but lay down in the dirt to look up at them.

A ball of fur pressed against my side while another one pressed against my legs. I soon realised Leo and Rune were by my feet and Flint was at my side. They laid their heads on me and closed their eyes.

They reminded me of the dogs you could get at hypixel. Only the rich fighters could afford them, and they gave an unfair advantage. The dogs were soon banned from most games but you could enter them in their own battles. I found it a little cruel, especially how some of the owners would treat the dogs. But the dog fights brought so much more money than the actual fights.

A soft breeze made goosebumps rise on my arms, but the fur coats from the wolves and the fire next to me stopped it from being too bad.