Dress Shopping - Chapter 19

"Please Y/n!" George complains. He'd already found his outfit. It was a blue suit with a black under shirt instead of white, along with blue pants. Kinda basic but since it's for George I typically don't care. Oh wait. Fuck he's kinda my date... I'll bring accessories when we head there. Spicy his look up a little.

"Shut up George! You're not helping me" I groan taking yet another dress off. "I'm not sure how I'm meant to help you when you won't show me any dresses!" He stomps his feet like a child throwing a tantrum. "Put the next dress on and show me" he says.
"Fine!" I groan and put the jade green dress I just had on, onto it's coat hanger. It wasn't typically bad, but I didn't like the colour against my skin. It looked better on the rack.

I look at my next dress and put it on. I had trouble zipping the back up but being the strong independent women I am, I called for assistance by the store owner.

She ran in, making sure to shut the door before George could see me. She zipped up the back of the dress and had no problem circling around me, like a shark circling it's prey, pulling out the dress in some parts and flattening it out at others. She even pushed my boobs up in the dress. I was surprised but I didn't have the courage to tell her not to. She was a rather sweet old lady. She finished it off by running out of the change room and returning a few minutes later with a bag.

She opened the bag and pulled out a similar material to the dress I was wearing, it was definitely the same colour. She walked behind me and draped the material over my shoulders, she zipped it up at the back of my neck and slightly tugged on it, to I'm guessing flatten out the material.

"Can I look in the mirror now?" I ask. The women nods her head and I turned towards the mirror. Taking the purple dress I covered the mirror with down. I was in awe once my eyes stopped on myself. I was in a strapless red dress with a long, long skirt that covered my feet and dragged behind me. The lady had brought in a red transparent cape and attached it to my neck, completely topping the dress of. "Holy shit..." I muttered and opened the change room door.

The lady slipped out and George looked up hearing the door open. His jaw dropped and he looked me up and down. Going much slower the second time round, taking in the whole dress. "Little bit dramatic" he scoffed. "Ok asshole- I was expecting a compliment saying I had just found the one but fuck you" I flipped him off. He began laughing.

"I'm kidding! You look fucking amazing. Jaws will drop when they see you enter the ball"
"Thanks gbf" I smile and walk into the change rooms. "gbf? Giant butt flaps?" He said with a confused confidence that made his speech louder. The store filled with laughter and I was glad to know I wasn't the only one who heard what he had just said.

I got changed, paid for the dress and gave the women who helped me a big tip. I probably wouldn't have gotten the dress without the cape. She really nailed my interests. Definitely deserves it.

"Can we go now?" George complained. I had made him carry our bags. Meaning he was carrying the big bag with my over sized dress in, my big bag with my over sized cape in and his bag with his stupid blue suit in. "Nope, i'm hungry" George groaned and I lead him to Niki's bakery.

"Niki!"
"Y/n!" She smiled from behind the counter. George came tumbling through the door. "And George" she smiled at him. "Shopping have we?" She asked. "Yeah, I needed to find a dress for this event" I shrugged.
"No way! Are you going to the ball?"
"No way... are you!?" I half ask half yell at her. She nods her head and explains how she's Wilbur's plus one. I tell her Philza invited me and how George is my plus one. We talk about how she was struggling to find a dress and before I knew it we were back in the same dress shop.

I asked for Niki's interests in a dress and set of to look for the perfect dress for her. Niki spun up to me holding a pale pink dress to her body. In all honesty it was a beautiful dress, but I had more concerns. "Let's steer away from pink? I think it'll look too matching with your hair" I smile. She takes a moment to think and walks off with the dress to put it back. Agreeing with me.

I picked up a blue lace dress and headed over to Niki, she was heading towards the change rooms. I gave her the dress and she disappeared behind the door. Now we wait.

"Please-!" There was a gasp behind me. I turn around in a panic thinking someone had been stabbed or perhaps shot and was asking for help. Instead my eyes fell on George laying dramatically on the ground with the clothing bags spread around him.

"You're an idiot" I smile and kick his foot.

"Oh wow... I think I found the one!" Niki called from the change room. "Surely not that fast right?" I say turning around to the door. "Nope! This is it" the lock clicks and I watch Niki confidently strut her way out of the change room. "Holy fuck!" I curse and cover my mouth.

Niki was wearing a black lace dress with a slit that shows off her legs. There was one sleeve which was see through. Normally I would've said no because black dresses shouldn't be ball dresses, but holy shit Niki could pull off a black dress.

"That's it, that's the one" I smile, still completely caught off guard. She give me a spin and smiles. Heading back to the changing room. "Did you see that?" I turn and kick George's foot again. "Huh?" He speaks.
"Niki's dress? Did you see it?" I ask.
"On uh... yes?..."
"You twat!" I yell and kick his foot again.

Niki's dress

Niki's dress

Your dress

Sorry if it wasn't the one you wanted, just image it different if it hurts you that bad. But I'll be describing this dress to the best of my ability in future chapters.

Also I've been posting on my sbi story, so if you could. Please check it out, it would mean a lot. But just a warning, I'm not good with trigger warnings so read at your own risk although there probably won't be many. Any I think are triggering will be listed at the top of the chapter, and if you do read it and see a trigger I haven't listed just tell me!

Sorry for the slow updates but I need to ask you something

Do you want long chapters? And how I post now. (I usually aim for 1000 words per chapter)

Or do you want shorter chapters (300-600 words) and I try to upload more?