Playing - Chapter 21

A literal day has passed sense I yelled at George, Tubbo let me stay at his and currently we're all standing on a mountain. And by we, I mean Tubbo, Tommy, Ranboo and of course myself. Ranboo was actually a pretty chill guy. Freakishly tall, but he was a friendly giant. Even if he looked like a possessed demon that would be standing outside your window at 2 in the morning watching you sleep.

"Ok who's first?" Tubbo asked looking down at the snowy cliff, at the end of the steep hill we were on, and snow boards we had. "Two at a time remember?" Ranboo said. "I'll go" I shrugged, taking a step closer to the cliff. "I'll go with y/n." Tommy offered seeing as no one else was stepping up. Tubbo and Ranboo clearly wanted to go together.

Somehow, we got the great idea of racing down a mountain with Tommy's untested inventions. Not sure how, not sure how it's going to end but I also don't care.

"Ok so remember-"
"Pull the board up, hold on tight, pray and pull the string. We got it big man" Tommy cut off Tubbo's lecture. We stepped onto the hill edge and placed down our boards, getting ready to race down. "Go or whatever" Tubbo crossed his arms annoyed he was cut off. Before he could say anything else we put our weight over the boards and began the trip.

Tommy was ahead at first, but a rock came in his way and he had to swerve out quite far to avoid out, giving me time to take the lead. Tommy returned beside me and we stayed like that the whole way down, not being too reckless to push and shove each other. The closer the edge came, the harder my heart beater. Let's hope Tubbo's invention works.

The cliff came to a stop and we went over the edge, falling through thin air. I watched Tommy grab his board and I copied him, he moved the board above his head and pulled a little white piece string. Tommy flung upwards and out of my view. I placed the board over my head and looked for the small piece of string, finding it and quickly yanking it when I saw how close the ground was coming. The board flung up and tugged at my shoulders, but nevertheless I was gliding through the air.

Tommy glided next to me and we made eye contact, smiling widely as the ground slowly crept up on us. Before we could look down and land, Tommy was slammed into a tree and I broke into laughter. My laughter caused me to fail my landing and trip into mud.

Tommy climbed down from the tree and pointed at me, laughing before groaning and holding his stomach in pain. With the help of each other, we hobbled down to the lake that the four of us agreed to meet at afterwards. From there, we looked over at the mountain and waved our arms. The two boys saw us and the next thing we saw was them jump. They slid down the mountain with their boards like me and Tommy had originally done. That was before they went over the cliff edge, the two screamed and cheered as they were flung into the air.

Tommy and I laughed hearing their echoing screams. That was before tommy shoved me into the lake water, saying I was stinky from the mud. I kicked water up at him and he glared back at me, shoving me under the water. When the two other teenagers arrived, they joined in on the water fight.

3rd person.

Unfortunately for the group, peacefully playing in water, they were too busy to notice the eyes on them. Too busy to notice the real danger of being happy for once. Too busy to notice the danger in the water, in the trees and in the air. Too busy to notice the threatening glares, the glistening swords and sharpened arrows waiting to be fired.

The world wasn't made for children. It wasn't made for playing, or for fun. It was made for work, war and fighting. It was made to be separated and protected, killing those who disagreed and rewarding those who were with them. That was life. And children would soon grow old and figure that out. They'll eventually realise what's coming their way. Their lives haven't started even started yet and yet here they are, playing around for probably the last time.

Maybe if life was fair they could be children, play and fight over toys, not independence.