Chapter 4 :: Love Is In The Air

Hello guys! We're nearly at 100 reads! Tysm for all the support and without further ado, I'll let you read on the next chapter!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Chapter 4 :: Love Is In The Air

Jake couldn't conceal it anymore - his love for Hailey was evergrowing.
"Her smile shimmers more prettier than crystals and emeralds." he thought.
"Her blush sparkles more than a thousand crushed rubies."
Jake has never been good in literature or poetry, but he exceeded in describing Hailey with fancy words.
"Now I'm feeling warmer." Hailey admitted.
"Thanks for the cosy jacket." she wanted to hug Jake, but she didn't want to ruin the moment.
"It's ok!" Jake replied, as his cheeks vibrantly lit up, from a dull magenta to a bright and sunny shade of pastel pink.
"Jake?" Hailey sighed, continuing her inquiry.
"Except from Daisy, have you ever swooned for another girl?" She started to stammer, staring deeply into Jake's chocolate-brown eyes.
"Honestly, yes. She's beautiful, multi-knowledged, confident, always comforting and I always feel safe around her. Funnily enough, I was thinking about her a second ago." Jake wanted to leave Hailey's identity anonymous. He didn't want to be friendless ever since Drew, Liam and Henry ditched him.
"Great, this girl isn't me." Hailey frowned, gazing down with slumped shoulders.
"What about you?" Jake shifted the question on Hailey, who appeared to look uneasy.
"Yep. Zander wouldn't approve of him, but he has a mellifluous voice and I've always dreamt of him ever since first grade. He's cheeky, charming and definitely a caring boy."
Hailey felt stupid.
"I'm just a music freak." Hailey wiped any miscroscopic tears that were exposed to the world.
"Of course Jake, one of the most popular boys in school, wouldn't love such a pathetic, nerdy girl like me. After all, he joined the band to show off his musical abilities to Daisy."
"That person must be lucky to know that the kindest, most shrewd girl in the school loves him." Jake blurted out shamelessly.
"Wait-" Hailey commenced. "You think I'm clever and kind?" Hailey, once again, smiled with ecstasy.
"And confident, beautiful, caring, comforting and safe." Jake laughed. He had the audacity to open up his love declarations to Hailey.
"Sorry if I'm making you feel uncomfortable but-"
"No. You make me feel complete. I love you, Jake. I've loved you ever since first grade." both of them felt miraculous, knowing that their love for each other was end-to-end encrypted. Abruptly, they shared a tender kiss, as they giggled with joy.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jake and Hailey are so cute! I hope you enjoyed today's chapter, and I promise to include Lander later in the book. Bye <3!