Chapter 7 :: The Secret Geek

Hello guys! We've reached 300 views >:o! Tysm for all the support so far! Enjoy the next chapter!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Chapter 7 :: The Secret Geek

Hailey was left in suspense.
"Who is this mysterious person? She's a perfect match for the band!" Hailey desperately wanted to solve who this enigmatic identity was.
"You sure you wanna know?" Jake asked beforehand, as he raised one of his eyebrows.
"Yup." Hailey waited for an answer back.
"Fine, it's-"
"Lia. We already know. She's such a dork. You're lucky she declined planting revenge on you." Drew intrepidly spat. Liam cackled and Henry smirked.
"Ooh, a pretty musician. What a bonus!" Henry stated, as his eyes shimmered with awe.
"Anyways, we're all late for English so babble all you like later but hurry to get to class." Hailey announced, as everyone sped off to their class.
"Is that true? Lia's into music?" Hailey whispered to Jake.
"I had no idea she had a passion for music, but it seems legit. Besides, we'll find out soon." Jake responded back casually.

At recess...

"I finished sticking the posters around the whole school!" Jake exclaimed, inhaling and exhaling.
"Great. I guess we'll wait and see if she comes." Hailey and Jake winked at each other, whilst everyone else were confused.
"Who is she?" Milly grimaced.
"Oh, do you mean the new girl in my class called Shanice?-"
"Obviously not. Anyhoo, I don't care about this secrecy." Zander dimly replied.
"RECESS IS OVER!" Miss Jones shrieked over the deafening din in the hallways.
"Speak to you all soon!" Sean said, as he headed to the music room. Milly accelerated to her Mathematics class, as the rest of them turned left and walked into their French class.

Lunch:

It was finally lunch. As soon as they were all dismissed, the whole band ran excitedly to the music room. Luke and Zander strode peacefully to the music room.
"Ok, the auditions are finally starting." Hailey declared, as Milly was jumping joyfully.
"I can't wait to see Shanice perform. Ree, I know she's gonna be totally good." Milly remarked. Nobody understood what she was saying though.
*
It was only 5 minutes left until lunch break ended. Everyone who auditioned were either clueless or rubbish. Hailey and Zander had no hope that there'll be a sixth member.
"Ugh, everyone was so dull. I feel so bored." Milly yawned.
Suddenly, the band heard a pulsating knock.
"Come in!" Luke shouted.
"Are you auditioning or-"
Luke paused his question, as he was gobsmacked.
"Hey, I heard you were looking for a sixth member to recruit." Lia stated, as they all agreed.
"I'm a saxophonist. I want to audition. But it's fine if you don't allow me in the band. Milly, I'm sorry for all those years when I mocked you." Lia started, as she trailed off.
"No, wait it's ok." Milly chirped as cool as a cucumber.
"I know how Zoey is. Mean, cocky, stupid. That doesn't mean you're the same." Milly preached, as her and Lia smiled at each other.
"Without further ado, you may start your exam." Hailey squeaked.

3 minutes later...

"Wow, you were EXCELLENT!" Jake screamed proudly, as they all clapped.
"It would be a pleasure to have you in our group, so what do you say-"
"Duh!" Lia unhesitantly replied. She was the next and last ever "music freak" to join the band...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. I'd feel like Lia would be a perfect addition to the band, hence I made that happen in the book. Bye, see you next chapter! xoxo