Chapter 5 :: True Love

Hey y'all! Here's the next chapter!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Chapter 5 :: True Love

"I can't believe someone like you would like a dork like me-"
"Hey, you're perfect. You're pretty, smart and confident. Only 'cause you are gifted with musical and academic talent doesn't mean that you're classified a nerd." Jake hugged Hailey, wrapping his warm arm around her shoulder, as he gently pecked Hailey's forehead.
"He's so comfortable and soft. He's just generally perfect overall." Hailey wondered in her inquisitive mind.
They were too in love to realise that it was dark outside.
"Ay, what happened to all the luminosity? Don't tell me Drew can control the weather." Jake joked, as Hailey laughed, facepalming her head.
"Nope, we've been here for a while now. The only source of light we have is the light in this room." Hailey responded in a serious manner.
"Wow, kissing my girlfriend in the night. How special!" Jake remarked. His voice ascended higher, and so did his decibal level.
"There's a shadow in the hallway. Shall we pound the door until they recognise us?" Hailey questioned.
"We're not Milly. Plus, I'm extremely comfortable snuggling close to you." Jake flirtatiously answered.
"Zander would kill you if he caught you acting all goofy and romantic." Hailey lightly guffawed, and so did Jake.
"Imagine how awkward that'd be." Little did Hailey know that she didn't need to imagine it...
"Ahem, what are you two doing?" Zander coughed, demanding for answers.
"Yeah, it's 11:08pm in the evening. We were worried sick about you." Miss Jones chipped in, vocalizing it in a dramatic tone.
"Who locked you in here?" Miss Jones insisted to punish whoever caused this mess.
"Drew, Henry and Liam." Hailey and Jake commented in synchrony.
"We were considering calling the police. That's how petrified we were." Zander bitterly continued.
"You've been locked with that douchebag for 12 hours approximately. How aren't you dead yet?"
"He's not a 'douchebag'. Jake was actually great company. He was helpful, devoting and sweet-"
"Did you say devoting?" Zander choked sarcastically.
"You two are a thing?!" Jake and Hailey bobbed their heads upward.
"I dunno how Jake's brainwashed you, but you really need to sleep. You're too lethargic-"
"So what? You don't control me. Not after what happened to our parents. I'm a grown-up teen. It's my choice who I wanna love." Hailey fought back tears of anger. Zander stood there, aghast.
"Hailey's being stern and stubborn to me? Over me disrespecting Jake? She must've fallen in love with Jake deeply. Is it too late for her and me to escape this nightmare?" Zander curiously notioned.
"Hailey, wake up already!-"
"Babe, let them be. Jake isn't as bad as his outlandish friends. He's grown himself to be caring, sensible, comforting and definitely friendly. Even if it hurts, Hailey has her own decisions which may be the choice you dread. But you gotta respect Jake and Hailey just the way they treated us." Luke professed, holding Zander's moisturised palms.
"Why does my boyfriend have to be darn right and cute? Ugh.." Zander mused, as his cheeks faintly crimsoned.
"Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry to the pair of you." Zander mumbled sorrowfully, in a hushed voice.
Jake and Hailey were thrilled to have Zander and Luke's support, as both couples snogged their partners. The end of the first long school day...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Both my favourite ships! I hope you enjoyed the pinch of Lander included. See you next chapter! Byee! x