Hey There, Delilah (19)

"You look like you just ran into a wall," Seth told me as I took a seat in the cafeteria next to him. I gave him a flat look, but didn't say anything. I wasn't really in the mood to fight with my fake boyfriend right then. I knew I had giant, dark bags under my eyes and my hair looked like death. I had just gotten in a car accident the day before! I hadn't been able to sleep at all since I realized that I was actually in my stalker's arms. Couldn't people just leave me alone? Why was I so fun to make fun of and tease? And why was I apparently so much fun to stalk? Seriously!

Julie had called me and asked me about a million times asking if I was alright. Yeah, she was just being a good friend, but I just found it all so annoying. My mom already drilled me with questions, along with Jake. I craved sleep, but my body wouldn't allow it. I had only been back at Bentwood for about five minutes before Julie had called me. Everyone but River and I didn't know that the man that was actually in front of the car that caused the accident was my stalker. River wanted to tell the police, but I told him not to. I didn't want to draw any more attention to me. Not yet. And I didn't even know for sure if it was my stalker or not. It was just my crazy thoughts. But I knew that it was my stalker that was holding me. Even if he didn't cause the accident, he was still there and he still touched me.

"You also look very nice today," Seth commented once again, an amused look on his face. If we weren't pretending to go out, I would have smashed my sandwich in his face already. That, and I didn't want to waste my lunch on Seth's face.

Rex sat down across from me next to River, and I was expecting him to have his gigantic grin on his face. But he didn't. He was frowning. Rex Haynesworth was actually frowning. Frowning! I didn't even think that was humanly possible!

"Someone's happy," Seth commented once again, and this time I actually smacked his arm. His comments were seriously starting to annoy me. Seth's eyebrows rose at me for a moment, but he quickly lowered them and replaced them with his smirk. One of these days I'm going to slap that smirk of his face...

"Why so upset, Mr. Sunshine?" Seth continued anyway, ignoring me.

Rex groaned, rubbing his eyes with his hands. "My grandparents are coming over for dinner tomorrow," he informed us, as if that were the worst news in the world. I blinked, not getting what he was talking about. Seth and River didn't seem to get it, either. What was wrong with seeing his grandparents? I loved it when I saw my grandparents!

"It's bad enough I have to see my parents that have total sticks up their asses, but I have to see my grandparents that are almost just as bad," Rex explained, seeing our confused faces. I blinked once again, listening to what else he had to say. "I don't want to have to sit through an entire weekend with my grandparents and... Lacey."

All three boys shuddered, causing me to look at them in confusion. "Who's Lacey?" I asked.

"Rex's cousin," River informed me.

"Step-cousin," Rex made sure to correct, shuddering once again. What was so wrong with a step-cousin?

"She's had a gigantic crush on Rex ever since she met him," River explained, shrugging. "She's like fourteen, I think. Or fifteen. I don't really know."

"I don't really care," Rex butted in, his eyebrows furrowing. "I don't want to see her even more than my grandparents. She's way too clingy. I'm going to die of suffocation!"

I gave him a flat look. It was just some girl with a crush, wasn't it? I actually found it cute. It sounded like she really admired Rex, which doesn't happen often. I mean, they weren't related by blood, so there's not anything wrong with it. Yeah, it's a little weird, but not really. It's not like they were step-siblings or something. Even though they still wouldn't be blood related, that would kind of be creepy. But only a little. Because you're technically brother and sister.