Hey There, Delilah (11)

You'll never know how grateful I was when Arianna left, taking Violet and Ericka with her. Yeah, I was a little upset after Julie left, but a little relieved at the same time. I hadn't talked to anyone since the incident in my room, and the house was no eerily quiet. Jake was glaring at Rex whenever he could, not that that really surprised me. Overprotective brother at his best, I guess.

"Well, I'm going to bed," my mother announced. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Night," I mumbled, not looking away from the very interesting game of Jeopardy.

Oh, who am I kidding? It's a snore-fest. I didn't even know why we were watching it anyway; no one was paying any attention to it. It was now twelve o'clock at night and we could either watch that, or reruns. I didn't have the remote, so I guess I wasn't choosing.

Jake yawned loudly besides me, showing that he was obviously tired. "Go to bed, Jake," I said, nudging his shoulder lightly. "You're going to fall asleep on top of me."

Jake grumbled something incoherently, but I was sure it was along the lines of, "I don't trust these punks around you."

"I can take care of myself, Jake. Go to bed before you pass out," I demanded, pushing him up off the couch.

He grumbled, but started away anyway. I took advantage of having a couch to myself, kicking back and sprawling out on the entire thing. Rex smirked at me, shaking his head slightly before changing the channel from Jeopardy to reruns of That's So Raven.

"I loved that show when I was little," I yawned, stretching out on the couch even more. "It was my favorite. I always thought about what it would be like to see into the future..." By the time I finished that sentence, my eyes were shut. I didn't realize how tired I actually was until I had laid down.

"Come on now, Delilah, don't fall asleep. Do you know how awkward it is when the host falls asleep and the guests are awake?" Rex asked, chucking a pillow at me.

I grumbled something that was incoherent even to me as I tossed the pillow back to him. "Leave me alone, Rex. I'm still angry at you for what you did before," I told him after, turning over on the couch.

"It was just a joke!" he defended, tossing the pillow back at me. "I didn't know it was your first kiss! I didn't know you'd take it so seriously! It didn't even mean anything!"

"That's the point!" I whisper-yelled, sitting up quickly, suddenly somehow full of energy. "That kiss didn't mean anything. That kiss was my first, and it was just a joke. You have no idea how important that was to me."

River and Seth stayed quiet from where they were sitting, not even caring about what was happening on the TV screen. I was sure Rex and I were better than some TV show any day.

"I'm sorry," Rex apologized. "If I knew it was so important to you, I wouldn't have done it!"

"You shouldn't have done it anyway!" I hissed. "You're not supposed to kiss someone for a joke; you're supposed to kiss someone when you like them, when you love them! Not for a stupid joke for whoever would have been walking into that room!"

"Stop acting like such a girl," Seth butted in, crossing his arms over his chest.

My jaw dropped. I didn't have anything to say for a few moments. "Stop acting like a girl? If you haven't noticed, Mr. Haven, I am one!" I said mockingly, my eyebrows furrowing. "Yeah, a girl that goes to an all-boys school. Why did you get into the school anyway, Delilah? What was the horrible thing that you did that caused you to go to school with a bunch of boys? What'd you do? Because I'm sure everyone at school would love to know," Seth spat, his arms still crossed over his chest.