Chapter 1 the accident

A year has gone by and I started kindergarten. JJ is in my class, which I was happy about. During recess JJ and I met Conner, Kira, and Ethan. They were playing on the playground when we met them. When I got home dad had a surprise for me. He gave me some kind of gemstone. He said that it was a dino gem. "Dino gem?" I asked. "Yeah, I was doing some research when I came across it." Jason said. "What kind of research?" I asked. "Research on dire wolves." Jason said. "Okay, but how did you find the dino gem?" I asked. "I was uncovering some dire wolf bones in the La Brea Tar Pits when I saw something that didn't look like a bone. I picked it up and cleaned it. That's when I found out that it was a dino gem." Jason said. The next day I noticed that the gem was glowing when I had it in my hand. I asked my dad about it and that's when he told me that the gem chose me. "Do you think that the powers will ever need to be harnessed?" I asked. "I hope not." Jason said. "You and me both." I said under my breath. A few weeks go by and my dad goes on a business trip with Tommy. I was going to live at Tommy's house for a few weeks. Kimberly was taking care of me and JJ while Tommy and my dad were on their business trip. A few days into the business trip my dad was talking to Tommy. "Hey Tommy, you know that scientist are trying to bring back extinct animals by cloning, right?" Jason asked. "Yeah, why?" Tommy said. "Well, I was thinking that maybe I could come up with another way to bring back extinct animals." Jason said. "As long as you don't bring back any dinosaurs, that would be bad." Tommy said. "Hey, you're the one that is studying the dinosaurs, not me." Jason said. Then they both laughed. A few weeks later my dad was doing some research and was on the verge of a breakthrough when all of a sudden, it went wrong. There was a vial full of dark green liquid, but it wasn't closed. When he picked it up with some kind of tool he used with his work the vial slipped and caused an explosion. Mesagog sent some of his minions after Tommy. He was trying to get off the island that they were doing research on.

Tommy was able to get off the island before the whole island blew up. He got rescued by the coast guard a few minutes later. It took weeks for him to get back. What I didn't know was that my dad didn't survive the explosion. I don't have anyone else that can take care of me so I got sent to a foster home. They allowed me to go back to my old house to get my stuff. I went to the house to get my clothes and other things. I really didn't see the point in being moved to a foster home instead of an orphanage. I don't have a mom because she got killed by Mesagog when I was just a baby. After that my dad was the one that took care of me. Tommy helped him at times but he has his own kid to take care of. The next day I was hanging out with some of the other kids. I actually became friends with some of them. Most of the things about the foster home are really good. The only bad thing about the foster home is that when you make friends there they sometimes get adopted then you lose all contact with them. That happened with some of my friends from toddler group. They didn't end up going to the same school as me. When I was there I met another kid named Trent Fernandez. Trent and I became best friends. The next day I walked up to Trent. "Hey Trent, there's something that I want to ask you." I said. "What is it?" Trent asked. "Well, how did you get into this foster home?" I asked. "My parents got killed in an archaeological cave-in as they were doing a dig with this guy named Anton Mercer." Trent said. "So, that's what happened." I said. "Yeah, what about you? How did you get into this foster home?" Trent asked. "Well, my mom got killed by Mesagog when I was just a baby. My dad basically took care of me, well, that was until he never came back from a business trip. He was doing some research on dire wolves and I guess something happened but I don't know what." I said. "Maybe he was killed by the same cave-in that killed my parents." Trent said. "Either that or something else." I said. The next day I was playing tag with a few of my friends. While we were playing the person who owned the house called us over to the house. "Why did you call us over here?" Trent asked. "Yeah, we just started a cool game of tag." I said. Then I reminded Trent that he was it. Then Trent tags me. "Tag, you're it." Trent said. "Hey, that's not fair, she called us over here. You meanie, you made me it." I said. "Kids, there's someone here that wants to adopt one of you guys." Kaitlyn said. We walked into the house and met the person who wants to adopt one of us. Emma is getting adopted by the person that came to the foster home to adopt one of us. The person that was adopting her asked if she can take the papers home to fill them out and if she can give them to her tomorrow morning and she said that she can but Emma would have to stay overnight. "Well Emma, what do you think? Want to spend one last night here, say goodbye to your friends. Would that be nice?" The woman that was adopting her said. "Sure, I guess." Emma said. "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." The woman adopting her said before leaving. Then we went back outside and played a few rounds of tag.