Chapter 11 the talent show

Our lives might be normal now but they will never be the same. The talent show is a few days away and I am really excited about it, but I am also a little nervous. I was always like that. I always got nervous in front of an audience, either small or large. We're in our junior year in high school. I was talking to the others at my locker one morning. "Well, our lives are normal." Conner said. "Well, my life was anything but normal." I said. "What do you mean?" Kira asked. "When I was a baby, my mom got killed by Mesagog. I never knew what happened to my dad." I said. "Wow, your life must have been a nightmare." Ethan said. "It wasn't too bad. I mean if things happened between Mesagog and me then my life would have been a nightmare." I said. Then the school bell rang. "Let's get to class." Kira said. We were talking as we walked down the hallway to our science class. "Just think, in two years we won't have to listen to the school bell anymore." I said. A few days go by and the high school talent show comes. I have been practicing the song I am going to sing for it. I am going to be singing keep your head up by Andy Grammar. When it was my turn I walked out onto the stage. "Before I start, I would like to dedicate this song to my dad. He usually sang this song to me when I was having a tough time at school or at home." I said. Then I sang keep your head up.

After I sang it I waited for the talent show to be over. If I could have seen my dad again he would be proud of me for what I became. It was all because of Tommy that I had a life. He helped me be who I am today.

The next day I was walking around town when I walked past someone who slid something into my hand. I decided to wait until I got back home to see what was slid into my hand. I got back and went up to my room. I looked at my hand and saw a piece of paper that was folded up and a small lucky horseshoe. I put the lucky horseshoe down on my nightstand and unfolded the piece of paper. It was a little note. This is what it said.
Dear Ariel,
I heard you sing in the talent show yesterday. You sounded amazing. I never knew that you were that good at singing and I didn't even know that you liked to sing. I was watching you from the back of the gym but you probably didn't notice me. I wanted to tell you how awesome you were but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I hope to see you around again.
Your father,
Jason Lee Scott.
I couldn't believe it. "That was my dad?" I asked myself. I can't believe it. I haven't seen him in years. I don't even know if it was really him. The next day I was coming home from my gymnastics team meeting when I got into a car accident with Tommy. I wasn't hurt that bad, just a little shaken up. "Are you okay?" Tommy asked. "Yeah, just a little shaken up." I said. The person who was in the car accident with us was my old childhood friend Adam. He just got his driver's license. "Hey Adam." I said. "Hey, sorry about that." Adam said. "Don't worry about it, almost all new drivers have their first accident." I said. "Yeah, I guess you're right." Adam said. The next day I was walking around town when I bumped into someone. I couldn't get a good look at the face because this person who I bumped into had a hood up. "Who are you?" I asked. That's when the person that I bumped into put the hood down. "Hey sweetheart." Jason said. "Dad, is it really you?" I asked. "Yeah, it's really me." Jason said. Then we hugged each other. "How are you still alive? I thought that you were dead." I said after letting go of him. "Hey, listen, I made a double of myself and I escaped from the island before the explosion happened. I guess Tommy told you differently." Jason said. "Yeah, he said that you didn't make it out alive." I said. "Well, I probably should have let him know ahead of time." Jason said. The next day I decided to go show Tommy that Jason Lee Scott is alive. We met with him at the local park. The next day I was working on something. I don't have to worry about working on battle plans, unless Mesagog returns. I don't think that will happen but you never know. I really need to make the decision whether I want to stay with Tommy or if I want to live with Jason. It's a tough decision and I need to have some time to think about it, but for the time being I am going to stay with Tommy. The next day I decided to hang out with my friends. It's the first day of summer vacation. We made a promise to each other and we'll be friends forever, no matter what happens.

Throughout summer my friends and I did our own version of the talent show and we also hung out at the park when the weather was nice. We would sometimes hang out with each other at the cafe in town. A few weeks go by and I decided that it was time for me to go live with my real dad. Before I left I asked Tommy if he is still going to come visit from time to time and he said that he promises to come and visit us from time to time. I was happy about that, I just hope that he keeps the promise he made. Jason told me not to worry because whenever Tommy made a promise to me or him he always kept it.

The End