Chapter 2 Tommy adopts Ariel

It's Friday, our usual adoption day. Friday's are the busiest day of the week here. We get people that might want to adopt one of us on the other days of the week but none of them are as busy as Friday. Anton Mercer comes to the foster home and decided to adopt Trent. As Anton Mercer was filling out some forms to take Trent home with him Trent and I were talking. "Man Trent, you are so lucky. I wish that I was getting adopted at the same time as you." I said. "Hey, you might get adopted today too. You never know." Trent said. "Yeah, but what if I don't?" I asked. "Don't worry about it. I know that you will get adopted at some point." Trent said. After Anton Mercer was done filling out the forms he took Trent home with him. After we had lunch Tommy came to the foster home and decided to adopt me. He filled out the forms in five minutes. I was happy that I got adopted. It's going to take a while for me to get used to living with Tommy as his daughter. The first day I was there I was unpacking my things. While I was unpacking I came across this picture of me, mom, and dad two days after I was born. I had tears starting to form in my eyes. Tommy came into my room. "Hey sweetheart. Do you need any help with unpacking your stuff?" Tommy said. "No, I can handle it." I said. "Okay, if you need anything, just let me know." Tommy said. "Okay." I said. Then he walked out. The next day Tommy noticed that I was acting a little weird. "Hey, are you okay?" Tommy asked. "I'm okay. It's just... I never knew what happened to my dad." I said. "Ariel, there was this accident." Tommy said. I looked at him confused. "What accident?" I asked. "There was an explosion. I was able to get away from it but, I'm afraid that your father didn't make it out alive." Tommy said. "Wh-what? No, no that can't be true!" I said. "Ariel..." Tommy said before I cut him off. "He could have escaped with you, but you left him there to die! I don't believe that you would do something like that to your own friend!" I said. Then I ran up the stairs, into my room, and slammed the door shut. Later that night I was looking at the stars. I was looking at one of the brightest stars. "Shine on dad." I said softly. Then Tommy knocked on my bedroom door. "Ariel, sweetheart, are you okay?" Tommy asked. I opened my bedroom door. "I guess I'm doing okay." I said. "I was just making sure. I'm sorry that we fought." Tommy said. "I'm sorry too." I said. "Ariel, you have nothing to be sorry about. This is my fault, simple as that." Tommy said. "Tommy, do you love me?" I asked. "Of course I do Ariel. I've always loved you like you're my own daughter. I love you no matter what. Not even a small fight such as ours will ever change that." Tommy said. Then we hugged each other. The hug lasted for about three minutes. Then we went to bed for the night. The next night I couldn't fall asleep. Tommy decided to sing the lullaby from the adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl to help me fall asleep.

The next morning I woke up at the crack of dawn. Later that day I was taking a nap when I heard some banging coming from outside. "Ugh, it's two thirty in the afternoon, people are trying to sleep!" I said. I walked over to the window and saw JJ building something. "Since our old friends want a new clubhouse I decided to build one for them. Looks like we're going to make some new friends." JJ said. "NOOOOOOOOO!" I said. Later that day I brought the mail in from the mailbox. Kira was inviting some of her friends over for a sleepover, she also invited me to go to her house for a sleepover but I have to ask Tommy and Kimberly (who are my parents now) if I can go to Kira's house for a sleepover. "Mom, dad, can I ask you guys something?" I asked. "Sure, what's up?" Kimberly said. "Well, Kira invited me to go to a sleepover at her house and I was wondering if I can." I said. "Of course you can go." Tommy said. I was happy about that but to be honest, I'm a little nervous too. I went to the sleepover later that night and Kira introduced me to her other friends that she invited. We played games like truth or dare, twister, etc. The next morning I went back home. When I got back home Tommy asked me how the sleepover was and I told him that it was really fun. I even told him that I made some new friends. Tommy thought that it was great that I made some new friends. The next day at school I was playing with Kira on the playground during recess when one of my old friends from the foster home came up to us. "Hey Ariel." Adam said. "Hey Adam." I said. "What's up?" Adam said. "Not much, what's up with you?" I asked. "Not much, except for the fact that my foster parents ended up adopting me." Adam said. "Well, that's good, right?" I asked. "Yeah, it's just my siblings that are the problem. They drive me crazy. I'm just about at my breaking point with them." Adam said. "Why don't you talk to you parents about it?" I asked. "You know what, that's not such a bad idea. I'll have to talk to them when they get home from work." Adam said. "Okay." I said. Later that night I was watching a movie with JJ. We were watching descendants. Halfway through the movie I asked JJ who his favorite character was. His favorite characters were Mal and Ben. Mal and Ben are my favorite characters too. I had no idea that JJ had the same favorite characters as me. We watched all three descendants movies and JJ told me that his favorite was the second one. I liked the third one the best.