Chapter 6 The white ranger's identity

The next day I was working on something in the lab when Tommy walked in. "Hey sweetheart, what are you working on?" Tommy asked. "It's just a new battle plan dad." I said. "Okay, I was just thinking, how about you take a break from it and go spend some time with Trent. You know, in case the white ranger attacks again." Tommy said. "Dad, I don't think that the white ranger would attack normal humans. So he probably won't show up." I said before walking out. "Teenagers these days." Tommy said when I was out of earshot. The next day I was battling the white ranger with the others again but this time I couldn't read his moves. He attacked me and I got knocked down and demorphed. He never really liked the color silver. He was going to punch me when he got me into an upright sitting position but he couldn't. Before that he said, "Well silver ranger, time to say goodbye." The next day I decided to go hang out with Trent at the cafe. When I got to the cafe Trent took off. I went to go look for him and found him by a lake. I couldn't tell that it was him at first. "Trent, is that you?" I asked as I walked up to him. "Hey." I said. "Hey." Trent said. "Where did you go?" I asked. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have taken off like that." Trent said. "Look, I can't help you if I don't know what's going on." I said. Then Trent showed me some sketches of the white ranger. "Trent, if you're going to dream about being a super hero the white ranger is not who you want to be." I said. "I wish I had a choice." Trent said. "What are you saying?" I asked. Then Trent showed me that he has the white dino gem. "You?! But you almost annihilated me!" I said. "But I didn't, once I knew it was you..." Trent said before I stood up. He grabbed my arm. "Let go of me!" I said. "Ariel, I couldn't help it. The gem it changed me. I can't take it off or control what I'm doing. You gotta believe me." Trent said. "Why should I?" I asked. "Because I would never intentionally hurt anyone Ariel, especially you." Trent said. "Okay, I think I know someone who might be able to help. I'm going to get Dr. Oliver." I said. "Why him?" Trent asked. "Well, because..." I said. "Wait a minute, him too?" Trent asked. "I know it's hard to believe but it's true. I need you to wait here until I come back, okay?" I asked. "Okay." Trent said. I went back to the lab and got Tommy. When I went back to where Trent was he wasn't there. All that was there was his sketch book. Tommy went back to the lab. I was standing by the lake a few minutes later when Trent came up behind me. "I thought you might be here." Trent said. I turned to face him. "Why didn't you wait for me?" I asked. "I did. It's a long story. You know, it's funny, I always thought that it would be cool to be a superhero and this isn't how I draw my stuff." Trent said. "Look, let us help you." I said. "No, it's too late, the gem has already taken over just like he said." Trent said. "Who?" I asked. "It doesn't matter, I have to go away, it's not safe to be around me." Trent said. "But..." I began when Trent cut me off. "Look, I said no!" Trent said. We made eye contact for a moment then Trent took his sketch book out of my hands and turned away. As he walked away he threw his sketch book into the lake. I couldn't believe it. He wouldn't normally do that. The next day Tommy was going out to retrieve some equipment. I wanted to go with him in case something happened but he told me to stay at the lab. He went to the warehouse district and found it not knowing that Trent was there.

He got fossilized by Trent. Conner and Ethan started to not trust Trent. Kira and I are the only ones that are defending him. "Nice, pretending to be our friend one minute and kicking our butts the next. I can't believe it." Conner said. Ethan said something but I couldn't hear what he said. Conner told both Kira and me that he doesn't know why we're defending him. "I'm with Conner on this one. I mean look at what he did to Dr. Oliver." Ethan said. I know that Trent wouldn't do something like that unless it was for a good reason. I walked up to him the next day at school. He was standing outside of our science classroom when I met with him. "Hey Trent, I have something to ask you." I said. "What is it?" Trent asked. "Why did you fossilize Tommy?" I asked. "I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for a good reason but the gem's power made me do it." Trent said. "Okay, that's all I needed to know." I said before I walked into our science class with him. Later that day I helped Hayley with unfosilizing Tommy. The rock we used got fried but it worked. I thought that after we got him unfosilized he would be able to demorph but he couldn't.

We thought that the rock turned Trent good but here's what really happened.

I never really thought that one rock with some kind of power can turn someone back into their old self. Two days later Zeltrax showed up and started to attack Tommy when Trent showed up and saved him.

I talked to Trent the day before this and I told Tommy what actually happened. Trent told Tommy what he said to me and Tommy let him come to the lab. I got in contact with the others. I told them to meet Tommy and me at the lab. At 3:30 p.m. they came to the lab. After we told them that Trent saved Tommy's life and after Trent told them that he wants to fight with us they all decided to trust him.