Chapter 8 The new battle plan

The next day after school I went to the cafe with Emma. After we hung out at the cafe for three hours I went back home and talked to Tommy in the lab. He was working on a battle plan when I walked in. I looked over his shoulder and looked at the battle plan. This one looks a little too complex for the whole team to handle. The only problem is that I am the only one that thinks that the team can't handle it and the others think that they can handle it. I was talking to Hayley about getting the triassic mega rovers up and running when we got an alert. "Never thought that I would be glad to hear that sound." I said. "Either something escaped from the air show, or we're in trouble." Conner said. "Zeltrax." Tommy said. "Guys, let's handle this. Hayley, you and Tommy could try to get the new vehicle up and running." I said. "Okay." Hayley said. "Let's go guys." I said. The others and I walked out. We went into the megasword and fought for a while. Meanwhile back at the lab, "Keep trying to get the new vehicle up and running. We're going to need it. Zeltrax won't give up until one of us is destroyed." Tommy said. Then he left. He told us that the thing is still in the area and that we have to intercept it before it enters the city. When he saw him he stopped his velociraptor rider. We ran up to him. He called in his bracio sword. "Come on Dr. Oliver, you can do better than the same tired swords. Where's your new toy?" Zeltrax said. Then the part of his ship that looked like a caterpillar turned into multiple jet like things that shot lazers at us. We got hit with the lazers. Zeltrax was getting away so Tommy went after him. "We gotta do something." Conner said. "Like what?" Ethan said. "Ariel, it's probably time to go triassic." Kira said. "Right." I said. Then I pulled out the shield of triumph. "Triassic ranger engage!" I said as they gave me their dino powers. I went into the triassic ranger form. I went up there but got knocked back down. "Okay, new plan." I said as I pulled out a thundermax blaster and blasted the caterpillar thing but then I got it sent right back at me. I blocked the lazers. The shield glowed. I couldn't find out why the shield was glowing until I saw the triassic mega rovers. "Whoa, Hayley did it. Triassic mega rovers, online." I said. "And just in time by the look of things. Do it just like we practiced Ariel." Hayley said. "You got it." I said as I went into the triassic mega rovers. I started to fight that caterpillar type thing with the triassic mega rovers. Meanwhile in Zeltrax's ship Tommy got in. "Surprised to see me?" Tommy asked. "What do you want?" Zeltrax said. "To stop this, once and for all." Tommy said. Meanwhile on the ground I was getting the hang of it. I pulled up right beside the caterpillar thing and took out the tires, which destroyed it. Meanwhile in Zeltrax's ship Tommy and Zeltrax are still fighting. "Jason, you don't have to do this." Tommy said. "I am Zeltrax." Zeltrax said. Meanwhile on the ground I ran up to the others. "Has anyone seen Dr. Oliver?" I asked. "Do you want to tell her?" Kira asked Ethan. Then we all looked up to Zeltrax's ship. "He's still up there?" I asked. Meanwhile in the ship Tommy and Zeltrax are still fighting. One of his hits caused some explosions in the ship. "It's your last chance to stop this." Tommy said. "I'll never stop." Zeltrax said. "Then I'm sorry Jason, but you left me no choice." Tommy said before hitting Zeltrax with another hit. Zeltrax got hit with it but didn't die from it. The ship exploded and Zeltrax disappeared. I ran over to Tommy to see if he is okay. He knows that Zeltrax is not going to stop any time soon. There might never truly be a way to stop him permanently. Even if we are able to stop him he could still come back, and by that I mean back from the dead. Later that night I couldn't stop thinking about the explosion. I was getting a headache from it. Tommy walked into my room. "Hey, let me guess, still hurts?" Tommy asked. "Yeah." I said. "Okay, how about you try to get some sleep, if it still hurts in the morning I'll take you to the doctor, okay?" Tommy asked. "Okay." I said. Then I went to bed for the night. The next morning my head wasn't hurting, which is good because I don't want to miss school today. We had a battle after school. Later that night I was working on some homework with the others. Tommy walked into the cafe. "What are you guys doing here so late?" Tommy asked. "Dr. Oliver, you know I love being a ranger but it can really put you in a crunch when it comes to homework. This paper on primates is taking up all my free time." Ethan said. "That's nothing compared to dire wolves. I can hardly find any information about them." I said. "I know what you mean. I've got a ten page report on reptiles due on Monday." Kira said. "Well, I got you guys beat, I am totally caught up with my homework, but my mom wants me to take her Christmas shopping all weekend." Conner said. We all groaned. "Well, I suggest everyone go home and get a good night's rest." Tommy said. "Sounds like a good idea." I said. "Yeah, you're right. I'm gonna hit it." Conner said. "Good idea." Kira said as she packed up her stuff. "I'm going to stay here for a little while longer. I've got a midterm coming up and I'm way behind." Trent said. "Don't be too late." Tommy said as we walked out. I decided to stay up and do more work on my dire wolf report. Elsa is not happy about me and Trent staying awake. The others went to bed.