2p! Realization.

2p Italy's POV

I stared down coldly at my look-alike's bleeding face. It was contorted in deepest agony. I knelt down, a maniacal smirk on m face, and moved my fingers toward the seeping wound in the young man's chest. My cold red eyes glinted evilly as I dug my fingers into the cavity. I twisted the intrusive digits and he writhed in agony, screaming "Germany! Germany, help!" Like the fool he was. The older, stricter man came running, looking in horror at his love, lying almost dead on the floor.

"Italy?" He asked, evidently confused.

"Germany. He- he got me." My twin said weakly, coughing up blood. I could tell that his heart was still beating, because every time it pulsed, more blood rushed out of the wound. I laughed at my cowardly clone, happy because I was the strong one. I had won.

The foolish german stroked that idiot's face, twirling his curl for the last time. They kissed tenderly, before Feliciano pulled out a gun. "End it. Please." He begged, handing the weapon to his true love. "But first I have to tell you something." He said desperately, breathing heavily. "Do you-a really remember nothing? It was when we were-a kids. I was living at Roderich's house, and you were there too. We were so-a happy. You- you told me that you had loved me since the 10th century. I had always loved you too, even though I was-a scared... I was-a told by big brother France that you had died, but now, I know. You were badly wounded in battle, and Prussia found you. You had amnesia, and had forgotten everything. Even little me! I was heart-broken. I have never recognized you until now, but without your hair all-a slicked back, I can tell. The last memory I have of you is still waiting to be renewed."

"And what was that memory? And who do you think I am?" Germany asked.

"This." And with that, Feliciano kissed the german man on the lips, long and gentle. " It really is you. The Holy Roman Empire."

((EDIT: this story is now on archiveofourown.org.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/991351 ))