3.27

Taking a deep breath, Freya prepared for the next few hours she would spend in this room. The dark blue door before her making her ring adorned hands shake at her sides as she lifted them to give two taps of her knuckles against the door.

"Enter," called from within.

With a wave of her hand, her magic had her clothes turning into a very revealing dress. A translucent emerald green fabric floating over her curves with small golden straps over her shoulders to hold the dress to her body. The centre dove deep down the centre of her chest;  that would open easily if whoever wished the fabric to move. The floor-length fabric pooling at her feet with a cut over one of her scarred thighs. Another gold chain hung loosely around her waist where the thin fabric hid no part of her tattooed body to the imagination.

Pushing the door open, the doppelgänger she created stepped into the open room. Where the large windows displayed Sakaar in all its filthy glory, and the darkroom basking in the shadows the lights outside created. The room was very minimalistic, a bed with dark sheets the grand feature at the back of the room, but her company sat on the plush chair that looked out into the night sky. A dagger twirling between his fingers as he continued to stare into the distance with his back to her.

"You can stay here for a few hours, then return to your own." His voice sending chills down her spine, "But I do not wish for you to come any closer to me,"

His dismissive tone did not bother her. It was the edge in his voice that was so familiar that had her almost gasping.

The hollowness that it held within its tone, almost unrecognizable from the voice she would her in her dreams.

Within her memories.

In disbelief, her barefoot doppelgänger quickly crossed the cold floor. Grabbing his shoulder with her rough hands and turning the raven-haired stranger to face her.

He immediately grabbed her arm, twisting it and slashing the dagger up at her face. Instead, she pulled her arm from his grip and blocked his attack. Creating a dagger in her own hand in an attempt to stab the man. He was quick. Almost effortlessly he blocked her attacks. His jaw set as if this interaction was more of an annoyance to him than anything. He kicked out at her, she rolled out of the way and tried to kick the back of his knees.

He was quick.

Like her.

Light on his feet.

Just as she was.

Gritting her teeth, she swiped an expensive vase from the table beside her and threw it as a distraction as she tried to land a punch or a kick. Anything! The rage that was building up in her body at the mere presence of this man was almost suffocating.

"Is this some sort of sick joke!" She snapped. Her chest heaving as she glared into his eyes. Those identical to her own. His own eyes never leaving her face as he quickly analysed her features. Her sharp cheekbones and raven hair. As her doppelgänger charged at him, she dodged his dagger as he tried to cut off her head.

But the cool blade at her real throat as she stood in the corner of the room amongst the shadows, her leather pants and a large cloak covering her body had her almost freezing in shock.

Her doppelgänger quickly had him pinned to the floor. An arm over his throat and a dagger pressed into his side, one move, and she would drive it straight into his chest cavity.

But Freya was now held at a stalemate as the doppelgänger of the God had her back pinned against his chest. She tried to move, but his magic had glued her arms to her sides.

He was a mastermind with magic.

His talent superior to hers, as it always had been.

"She's talented..." his voice whispered in her ear. A dangerous edge to it as lethal as the blade at her exposed throat, "Very interesting,"

"You have less than five seconds to explain to me what game you are playing before I kill you," Freya spat.

"No, darling. You are going to be doing the explaining," he laughed, pressing the blade a little closer so that blood was drawn at her throat.

The bead of crimson sliding down her pale skin and running into the fabric around her shoulders.

"You see, it has been a long while since someone as talented as yourself has attempted to... manipulate me with magic. So, entertain me with this." She could hear the wicked smile in his voice, "Just what exactly is it you think you can do to me?"

She cackled. Possibly not something you should do whilst having a blade to your throat but this, sadistic, torture that she was living through just had to be a hallucination.

"Oh, it's not what I think I can do,"  Freya quickly used her magic to push against the imposter that held her tight. Ensuring that she put as much force as she could behind her escape, if he dragged the blade across her throat as he fell, it would be a blessing.
But he did not stumble.

A dry laugh passed his lips as he pushed back with his own magic. Her teeth grinding together as she used his moment of distraction to link her leg behind his. With a swift pull of her leg, she had swept his foot out from beneath him. 

They both toppled to the floor. Their projected doppelgängers disappearing as they both use their strength to try and overpower the other. 

Using the momentum to ger advantage, she quickly has him pinned beanth her. Teeth bared and her own dagger at his throat. 

A slow smile seemed to creep onto his face as he raised an eyebrow at her. 

"I usually enjoy my company a little more with a woman in this position-"

"Shut up!" she spat. Her mind racing as she tried to control the whirlwind of thoughts charging through her head, "Loki. Son of Odin-"

"Ah, you see. Technically -"

"I couldn't give a shít about that." Fire ablaze in her eyes as she looked at her father. For years, she had dreamt of this moment. But now, not that she blamed him, he didn't even have the decency to recognise her. It made her sick, "How are you here?"

"Now, why should I tell an immature girl like you-" he smirked

"Just TELL ME!" 

She was rudely interrupted when the guards of Sakka burst through the door. Their weapons raised and one of the three pushing down on a dreaded handheld device. 

Within a second, electricity raced through her body like fire from the small circular insert that resided on the back of her neck. Her body instantly locking up and a grunt of pain was the only thing that she could do as she was pushed onto the floor. Loki, chuckling darkly as he stood to his feet gracefully.

Nudging her seizing body with his foot as he smirked, "It seems like you will just have to wait for the answer to your question," before moving off into the room to collect his drink from the bar. Watching with an amused smile as Freya was dragged from the room. Garing at him with the pits of hell behind her eyes.