13. Mr Blue Sky

It had been a few precious months since the events on Xandar. And the group of unlikely friends had settled into a happy routine. It had taken a while to get used to living with each other. Sharing the space of the Milano and getting used to Rocket leaving exploding boxes around; Drax stomping around and not being aware of personal space and Gamora having a tendency to launch her knives at anyone who disturbs her from her moments of solitary.

Turning over in their warm bed, Freya snuggled further into Peters strong arms, tucking her head under his chin as he pulls her impossibly close. Peter planting a soft kiss on her raven hair as he begins tracing patterns across the smooth, tattooed skin of his wife's back.

"Love you," Peter grumbled against her hair, "Mmmh, I know," Freya smirked back as she placed a kiss against his exposed neck. His chuckle rumbling through his chest as he snuggles closer and watches as Freya falls back to sleep. Her steady rise and fall of her chest soothing to him as he watches her as she dreams peacefully. Recently, Freya had been haunted by night terrors.

Waking many times throughout the night, screaming in fright as her clammy skin trapped her in her mind. Holding onto her husband in terror as she felt herself drowning in her own blood again and again as Ronan brought his large hammer down onto Peters fragile cranium. Shattering her life right in front of her as his skull imploded.

So Peter treasured every moment that her peaceful dreams weren't haunted by any of the horrors she'd survived. Her father, her kidnapping and growing up on ships full of violent and horny Ravagers. Then surviving the attack of Ronan. She was a fighter. A warrior.

And she was his; just as much as he was hers.

Peter's eyes leave the form of his sleeping wife when he notices the blankets begin to tighten around his waist. Rolling his eyes, he slowly unravels his arm from around a sleeping Freya and lets his arm hang over the side of the comfortable bed. A small figure grabbing onto his arm before Peter lifted Groot up and onto the bed with them. A small smile on Peters face as the small tree began huddling in the covers between Freya and himself.

Groot, ever since he had been reborn after sacrificing himself to save everyone, had taken a great liking to Freya. And she to him. The small sapling looked at her as if she was his mother; which brought great joy to the Asgardian.

"Go back to sleep, Groot," Peter whispered, trying not to wake Freya as they all settled down for a leisurely morning. A rare occurrence on the Milano since the group of friends had decided to explore the galaxy together.

🚀🚀🚀

"Showtime, A-holes!" Peter smirked as he looked around the grounds they had to protect from the huge beasts that were heading their way for the Anulax batteries. "They'll be here any minute,"

"Which will be it's last," Gamora promises as she ensures her gun is loaded and prepped for battle.

"Well that was a little dark," Freya chuckles as she places a quick kiss on Peters stubbed chin. Her husband smirking and quickly grabbing her elbow gently as she tried to spin away so that he could place a slightly more heated kiss on her plump lips. Freya not complaining as she bit Peters lip as he slowly pulled away, "Stay safe," he mumbles as he gazed deeply into her emerald eyes, "Don't I always?" Freya giggled as she danced away to go see what Groot was up to.

"Drax, why aren't you wearing one of Rocket's Aero-Rigs?" Gamora asked as she took up position.

"It hurts," The destroyer mumbled.

"Hurts?"

"I have sensitive nipples," Drax shamefully admits. Rocket instantly burst out laughing and began patronising an embarrassed Drax.

"Give over Rocket, nothing to be ashamed of. Peter knows that mine are sensitive too," Freya smirks, diverting the attention away from Drax. Rocket instantly gagging at the information that the woman had shared

"Too much information! I did not need to know any more about what you and Star-Munch get up to behind those very thin walls,"

"Says you, who's setting up the sound system so we can listen to music while we kick ass," Freya deadpans. Sending a wink at Drax who gives a thankful smile to the goddess.

"I'm finishing this so we can listen to tunes while we work,"

"How is that important?" Drax questions,

"Blame Quill, he's the one who loves music so much!" Freya let out a snort at the true fact. Just the fact that music had been requested didn't surprise her; Peter would live and breathe his music if he could.

"No, I actually agree with Drax on this, that's hardly important right now," Peter wanders over to stand beside his stunned wife,

"Did Mr Quill just agree with something Rocket just said? The world is definitely ending," Freya gasped, smirking wickedly at her husband.

"Oh, I wanna take it back," Peter cringes as he monitors the location of the ever-approaching threat. "Too late cupcake," Freya smiles as she heads over to see Rocket scolding Groot for kicking an Orloni. A nasty habit the young sapling had picked up; most likely from one of the four psychopaths he lived with.

"Come here, munchkin," Freya cooed as she took an aggravated Groot from Rocket and placed him on her shoulder. Scratching his head until he smiled and forgot why he was frustrated at Rocket. "You baby him too much," the Raccoon grumbled as he ventured off to join the rest of the group as the Abilisk appears and crashes onto the floor around them. Both Freya and Groot sticking their tongues out after the oblivious animal as he begins fighting.

The Abilisk, roaring loudly and rumbling the ground as it slithered with its many tentacles around. The beast spitting at the flying targets that were firing useless weapons at its thick hide. Freya only raised a perfectly plucked eyebrow at the sight of the idiots risking their lives for some coin. She was staying out of it. Helping young Groot fix the sound system before she let him wander off into the mania. Herself, activating her helmet and then using her acrobat skills to dance to the music and leap over each, slimy, tentacle that attempted to sweep her off her agile feet.

Flipping and prancing over each limb that was harshly propelled her direction. Rolling her eyes as Drax decides to be ingested as the Abilisk's latest meal in attempts to be heroic.

"Why do I waste my time looking after these freaks? They've all got a death sentence." She mumbles to herself before observing that Peter currently had the attention of the humongous creature; revealing the large gash on its neck. "Bingo!" She sang.

Launching upwards with her coiled muscles, Freya propelled herself skywards, leaping gracefully along the back of the beast that tried swiping her away as if she was a fly. Prancing closer, jumping onto a large tentacle that was close by, she unsheathed her sword. The silver weapon glistening in the bright lights as she embedded it deep into the rubbery flesh where a previous cut lay on the Abilisk's jugular.

Pushing her weight behind her blade, Freya began descending down the underside of the beast, it's revolting smell enough to make her pull a face of pure disgust. Even the stench that Drax left behind in the bathroom was nothing compared to this.

After gutting the beast of its life. Freya gracefully landed on the balls of her feet with her dripping blade poised behind her. A wicked smirk on her face as she glanced up at the rest of her team.

"And that's how you kill an Abilisk," Smugly handing a stunned Peter her yellow blood-covered blade as she strutted over to where Groot was patiently waiting for her. Bending down to scoop him up before walking off into the shadows.

"Why does she make everything seem so, damn, easy?" Rocket questioned. Watching the proud goddess wander off, not looking the least bit phased at the fact that she had slain a beast and freed Drax from its belly. To which, he was currently crawling out of believing he had been the successful one to murder the Abilisk.