15. Lake Shore Drive

After having successfully departed from the Soverign fleet, and now cruising through space before deciding upon their next destination, Freya could see just how much the Priestess had upset her husband. She could see the loneliness swimming in his eyes as he thought of the fact that the woman called him an abomination without giving a second thought to the boy behind the man. Someone who, no matter how much he was loved by others, missed that father figure in his life. It seemed to be wandering through his head that Freya also now knew that her own father was alive, after having a strange dream whilst unconscious after almost dying on Xandar. But that was all she played it off as. A dream. Because these new sources of power she had collected scared her; and opening that can of worms would lead to the fact that she grew up without the most important figure in her life, believing he was dead when in-fact he was alive and searching for her.

"That stuff about my father... who does she think she is?" Peter whispered. Freya sat on a box of tools as she cleaned her blade. Removing the horrid, sticky, blood from it that had stuck like glue to the sharp edges. Groot having climbed up onto her shoulder and resting his head against her cheek as he drifted off to sleep. She decided to stay quiet as Gamora carefully answered Peters emotional turmoil. She would have another chat with him about it later, but bringing it up now , sharing with Gamora means he wanted more than just her opinion on the situation. And she was fine with that.

Gamora and Freya had become close acquaintances over the past few months. They couldn't call each other friends just yet but they were close in a way that they couldn't describe. They could sit together in silence for hours and still feel at ease and content without feeling like the silence needed to be filled. Having another female on the ship balanced out the raging testosterone at times too. It just meant that Freya didn't have to do all the head butting round here anymore when the boys began squabbling like children over the most inappropriate of things.

"I know you're sensitive about that."

"I'm not sensitive about it. I just don't know who he is." he defended. Very sensitive about the topic.

"Not knowing about your father isn't something to be ashamed of. He may be part of you, but it's the people around you that shape you into the person you've become. You don't need a father to be the best version of you. You just need one to exist," Gamora shrugged before exiting the room. Leaving the married couple slightly confused at her words yet comforted too.

"That was deep," Freya said dazed. Having stopped cleaning her immaculate blade as the green assassin had spoken. "Just a little," Peter weakly smiled.

"I think I would live my life again without my father, if I had one like hers. If the few hours I was on that ship was anything to go by, her father was something that young children should never be exposed to in their lives. I have more respect for her than she thinks for growing up how she did," Freya mused before sliding down from the box and putting away her sword. Gently removing a sleeping Groot from her shoulder and passing him over to Peter.

"I'm going for a nap. If you want to talk more or anything, you know where to find me," Freya kissed her husbands cheek, giving him a comforting hug, before leaving the room. She needed more rest the past few weeks.

"How did you marry a woman who is as fine as that. A looser like you should be with someone just a pathetic," Drax mused, frightening Peter as he gazed after the retreating figure of his wife,

"Damn shadow," He cursed before glaring at the large, tattooed man.

🛸🛸🛸

Having now taken their seats on the main deck, everyone but Freya who was sleeping soundly, began to become confused when a Sovereign fleet suddenly approached the Milano.

"Why would they do that?" Gamora questioned as the fleet began preparing for an attack.

"Probably 'cause Rocket stole some of their batteries," Drax proclaimed, "Dude!" Rocket couldn't believe what had just come out of the other guys mouth.

"Right...he didn't steal some of those. I don't know why they're after us," Drax tried to back track, "What a mystery this is."

However, below deck, Freya was trying to sleep soundly. Her mind plagued with terrors as her face scrunched up in fear. The images of her father lying on the grand hall floor. Shadows eating away at him in the darkness of the night as he laid in a pool of his own blood. Screaming at her to run. To leave him behind with the monsters that would later rip her away from her home.

She cried out as she then had to stand and watch helplessly as Peter was dragged from her grip and beaten to death by ravegers. As Yondu stood over his lifeless body and laughed. His yellowing teeth and red fin mocking her as she held his cold body in her arms and sobbed as his eyes held no life. That the orbs that usually sparkled with mischief and adventure void of all emotions. Dead to the world.

Then as Drax was slaughtered when fighting on Knowhere. Defeated by his enemies and filling his soul with shame that he never avenged his late wife and daughter.

As Rocket suffocates as he's torn limb from limb by prisoners of the Kiln. His rugged fur floating in clumps on the wind as the prisoners rip into him like savages.

As Groot sacrifices himself for them all. Again, and again, and again. The pain on his face as he does so haunting Freya as she's paralysed to do anything.

Poor Gamora, forced to kneel before her father. The giant Titian smirking over her shaking form as she tries to hold back the tears and be brave as she prepares for whats coming. As her father takes his large blade and removes her head of beautiful hair from her body.

A startled scream escapes her as she managed to pull her heavily weighed body out of her mind. Her mind that traps her in every time she closes her eyes. Fear clutchig at her chest and forming a lump in her throat as she takes in the fact that she'd woken from one terror into another nightmare.

The Milano was shaking heavily. Rumbling ferociously as objects clattered against every wall and the ship flew threw termoil. Shouts and screams from the main deck alerted her to that they were crash landing. That for some reason having had a nap and left the others in charge, they were incapable of flying the Milano safely through the galaxy.

"What in Odin's name have I missed this time?"