16. The Chain

"Freya!" Peters panic scream was the only thing she could hear as she managed to use her Asguardian strength and push the large metal beam off her crushed legs. Nothing was broken during the manic crash, but she had been buried under what seemed like mountains of shrapnel. 

"Peter! I'm down here!" I shout, hearing him and someone else begin pulling the many mountains of rubble from above the small crevice I had been buried in. Blocking the rays of sunlight from ehatever planet we had landed on.

"I'm gonna kick your ass for this!" I shouted, furious that our home had been obliterated during the crash. After so many years of flying, I had never witnessed Peter make such a catastrophic mistake. Our home was in pieces around us.

"It was Rocket!"

"It was both you idiots!" Gamora snapped. Her strong arms lifting the last of the beams I was struggling to heave above my shoulders, "You're lucky that I haven't killed him already," she grumbled as she pulled me into the bright light of day.

My eyes strainging at the brilliant blue of the sky and as I cast my gaze around the smouldering wreck, I could appreciate how beautiful this landscape would have been if our ship hadn't ploughed through it. The many trees scattered like duct particles around the area as I winced at the small cut on my brow. 

"You're okay! Thank god you're okay!" Peter panicked as he engulfed me in a strong hug. My anger simmering for a second as I was engulfed by his comforting smell. Biting my lip for a second as I relished in his warm embrace. 

Pulling away slightly, he cupped my cheeks with his calloused hands as his panicked eyes landed on the cut above my brow. His features paling when he notices the face of thunder I wear. 

"What happened!" I spit, pulling away from him and marching through the rubble. Giving a thanks to Gamora as she passed the un-amused assassin. She seemed just as píssed as Freya. 

"Peter, we almost died because of your arrogance," She continued, storming after me towards where the rest of the group had collected in a small clearing from the rubble,

"More like because he stole the Anulax batteries!" Peter explained, pointed a grubby hand at Rocket. I couldn't believe what I was hearing,

"You stole some of the batteries! How often do you use your brain Rocket? You can be the most amazing person ever when you're not stealing stuff," Freya sighed. Never one to idult her friends but Rocket really needed to learn how to use the thing between his ears. 

 "They're called Harbulary batteries," Drax offered, further irritating the group.

"No, they're not!"

"Do you know why I did it, Star-Munh? Hmm?" Rocket fired back at Peter. 

"I'm not gonna answer to Star-Munch," Freya didn't even have it in her to break up the squabbling children. This egotistic argument between the boys was what obviously caused the crash. She had more things to worry about than this píssing contest they were always locked in.

"I did it because I wanted too!"

"Dick!"

"What are we talking about this for? We just had a little mansave us by blowing up fifty ships!" Rocket focused all of the goddess's attention on him. A little man had saved them?

"How little?" Drax asked

Rocket demonstrated with his paws about the size of Thumbelina, "Well, I dunno, like this big?"

Gamora wasn't having any of it, "A little one-inch amn saved us?"

"Well I'm sure if he got closer he would be much larger!"

"That's how eyesight works, you stupid Raccoon." Peter fired back. Nearly everyone rolling their eyes, sick of all this petty arguing. 

"Don't call me a Raccoon!"

"I'm sorry I took it too far. I meant trash-panda" Freya bit her lip and squeezed her eyes shut as she realised that Rocket didn't understand. This teasing having gone too far as Peter elightens him to that fact that being called trash is worse than a Raccoon. 

"Enough!" Freya growled. Red mist forming in her emerald eyes as her anger at the squabbling children and veins of her scratched arms glowing an ultraviolet. 

Everyone stopping to stare at the asguardian who seemed to be losing control of the powerful magic that swarmed within her veins. 

"Freya?" Peter cautiously took a step closer to his wife. 

With a deep breath, Freya had calmed her raging blood and the vivid colours dispersed. She hated the fact that these infinity stones she came across were beginning to overpower her. The raw energy they stuffed inside her body was like trying to put a leash on a Bilchsteim. 

Nebula was the only one not staring at the Asguardian and so noticed the ship entering the atmosphere, "Someone followed you through the jump point. Set me free, you'll need my help,"

Peter paid no attention to the now squabbling sisters; instead he held his wife's shoulders and was trying to make sure she was okay. She never spoke about her powers, about how much it pained her to try and keep them controlled. But he could see it in her eyes just how much they were eating away at her. So he held her close, in hopes his raging heartbeat could calm her fiery soul. 

Eventually, the white pod landed elegantly a few feet from the anxious guardians. The smooth exterior of the sphere shiny and reflecting the sky as it silently landed, kicking loose debry up around the tired group of unlikely friends. 

Eventually, a door slid open to reveal two figures. One, a man who seemed to be in his slightly later years. Withering grey facial hair and wisps of comb backed hair as he smirked from his position above our heads. A timid woman behind him with beautiful big eyes and a small athletic body. Her antenna making her appear a few inches taller than her petite frame was. 

"After all these years, I've found you." He proclaimed as if he was a mighty god. Freya squeezing Peters hand tightly as he stood a little closer to her, protectively. 

"And who the hell are you?" Peter asked, a cautious arm across her front as he pushed her behind him. Freya allowing it for the moment. 

"I figured my rugged good looks would make that obvious. My name is Ego... and I'm your dad, Peter,"

"No, bloody way!" Slipped past Freya's lips.