3.24 Father and Son

She had managed to survive for a few agonising weeks on her own. Slowly but surely moving amongst the falling debris and the piles of disgusting rubbish. She stank of death and she was famished. She had managed to track down and steal as many items as she could from the savage people that moved amongst the Hel with her. 

She had noted that there was a large amount of ship activity in the skies above, as well as the ominous black holes, her the more she headed in a certain direction. The number of people she was stumbling upon and having to fight was increasing too. She knew she was heading towards some form of civilisation. Surely there was more than just this. There had to be!

 She'd recovered quite quickly from all the injures shed received during her fight with Ego and her fall from such a height after being pushed through a portal. The purple energy she had absorbed all that time ago had provided her with enough power to carry on. Her magic intertwined with that meant she was only left at the bottom of a pile of rubbish, smothered in rags and left for dead for only a few long and agonising days. Afterwards, she'd dragged herself to her unsteady feet when she was desperate for food. On the Revenger ships, they would often go days without food, so this was nothing new. 

And she'd started talking to herself not long afterwards. 

Freya quickly ducked behind an outcropping bit of metal. Hiding from the seemingly patrolling ship above her. This had been the second time it had circled around. She was certain they had noticed her.

Her fears were confirmed when the small ship landed a few feet away. Its dual engines disturbing the dust around it, causing Megan to pull the scarf she had over her nose and mouth tighter. She needed to buy herself time. 

She watched from her hiding spot as a loading shelf lowered and two figures emerged. Both male and built like a wall, and both were heavily loaded with guns. 

She could use this to her advantage. If she could take the ship or even their weapons, she was certain she would be able to fly out of here and reach the nearest jump point. Then she was one step closer to finding her family. 

Her... family. The group of bandits she had been living with the last few years were most definitely her dysfunctional family. But she wouldn't want to spend her life with any other group of people. They were a bunch of idiots, but they were her idiots.

Megan cursed herself when she looked up and noticed that the two men had disappeared. Abandoning their ship and leaving it as a gift for herself. A wicked smile creeping onto her face at the thought of piloting the unique ship. Her heart rate skipping at the thought of just how close freedom was. Licking her lips in anticipation, Freya was about to launch out of her hiding spot when she suddenly felt the barrel of a gun being placed against the back of her sweating neck. 

"Hands up, girl" came a deep voice from behind her. Slowly raising her hands, she pounced. Fast as lightning, she spun around and took the gun right from his unsuspecting hands. 

"Hands up, pretty boy," She smirked. The gun aimed at his large forehead that was covered in spiralling tattoos. He had whiskers and sharpened teeth. His eyes didn't blink as hers did. Up and down. No, he appeared to blink laterally. It didn't phase her, she'd seen more thought-provoking things before.

His answering smirk had her own dropping from her face. She'd seen that look before. Usually worn by Peter as she'd snuck up behind whoever was threatening her husband. 

The other person was behind her. 

Without wasting a second, she quickly spun down onto one knee and fired the gun. The large blast firing straight into the other man's chest and sending him tumbling down the large pile of debris. As if on instinct, she turned back around and hit the first man she had encountered with the barrel of the gun. Knocking him off his feet as he lashed out with a knife. The blade sliding at her thigh and ripping through her filthy red pants. 

"Gonna take more than that to take me down, sweetness," He almost purred. Lashing out with unbelievable speed to try and swipe at her again. She was ready and struck his unprotected ribs as she turned into him and managed to hook an arm under his leg and throw him over her shoulders down the large drop behind her. The screaming man following his dead friend's footsteps. 

With a triumphant grin, she began slowly climbing down the collection of metal and carcases that had ended up in the area. The newly acquired gun pushed into her makeshift backpack from the skin of a decomposing animal she'd come across a few days ago. On her way, she began humming one of Peters more favourable tunes. She couldn't remember the name but the tune brought her comfort as she knew she was now in possession of a ship. 

Her moment of victory was short-lived. 

One moment she was fine, and the next an agonising electrical current was rushing through her body. Her scream of torment echoed around as she lost her grip and foothold and began falling the last few feet. Hitting the ground harshly and knocking all the wind from her lungs. Her gasps for air nearly impossible as the current immobilised her body. She was a prisoner to the electricity racing across her skin.

"Told you," came a breathless voice as the man she had thrown off the top of the pile had managed to get to his feet. Blood dribbling from his lips and a large gash on his cheek, "Hands up, pretty girl,"

His boot connecting with her head was the last thing she remembered. 

🛸🛸🛸

"What have you brought me?" a giggly sounding man said as Freya began to peel her eyes open. A large pounding in her head as she tried to comprehend just what was happening. She was strapped to a chair, placed in a room full of people that appeared to be partying and the strange man in front of her with the stipe of blue lipstick was the last straw. She knew she wasn't dreaming because this was definitely something she wouldn't dream of.

The man that had placed a small electrical disk on her shoulder that had electrocuted her after she had thrown his off the mountain smirked, 

"A pretty little plaything you might enjoy, Grandmaster."