Chapter fifty-two

~Y/N POV~

Another ceremony done and dusted with.

It's about time that my mates take on their roles in this pack as rightful alphas and my dad has now officially stepped down as alpha and will retire with my mom.

I watched the whole process with pride. I couldn't be more prouder as I watched all seven of my mates their their vows. Just like they did when they accepted me as their mate but this time it was more about them accepting the alpha roles and about the pack accepting them as their new alphas. It was a long process since there's seven of them but it was worth it.

Once the ceremony was actually completed, the celebrations had began which was a massive pack party in the centre. A large bonfire, lots of food and loud music that brought people to dance around the bonfire freely. There's obviously a protective barrier around the bonfire to protect the little ones from the flames but didn't stop them from trying to touch the flames but thankfully there was no accidents.

Winter and I were obviously by the food stall, chomping down on our lamb skewers that were too good to not pass up. I was starving and Winter was quite happy to join me when it comes to stuffing our faces. Ed wasn't far behind us when it came to stuffing his face, he was beside us the whole time chomping down on his meat but his face has smudges of barbeque all of his cheeks from his previous choice of food.

Winter and I had our own conversation in link about whether to tell him or not but we just couldn't bring ourselves to tell him, he was very happy with his food.

"Are you sure we shouldn't tell him?"

I asked her, eyeing up Ed looking around the place watching people dance and bobbing his head to the music. I was trying to supress my laughter and Winter just giggled in our shared link fondly looking up at her mate in his own happy world.

"Nah, he looks happy." Winter

We looked at each other and giggled and Ed turned to face us, eyeing us up innocently. Cheeks puffed up full of food and sauce smeared across his face.

"What?" Ed

I burst into giggles, not being able to hold it in any longer but still didn't say anything.

"Nothing, you just look so cute."

I told him which caused Ed to frown and look at Winter who just shrugs but caresses the side of his head gently.

"You do look cute babe." Winter

"Okay am I missing something?" Ed

Hand to his hip, his frown deepened into a scowl but neither one of us could take him seriously. We burst into laughter even more but Ed just grew more confused and irritated.

"What the fuck?!" Ed

"What's going on other here?"

I turned around to see my dad, strolling towards us, smiling but when he came to stand beside me he found the source of Winter and I's amusement and dropped his smile to a look of surprise when he seen Ed's mess.

"Oh, I see." Dad

I nudged my dad to not say anything and he begins to smile at Ed realising he had no clue about his face.

"What is it sir?" Ed

"It's nothing I just came to see how you're all doing." Dad

"We're just snacking on skewers!" Ed

He happily held up his food in front of my dad excitedly which makes my dad chuckle as he nods.

"I can see that. Ed has anyone ever told you how adorable you are?" Dad