03.

𖤐

Hot Cocoa

Setting/Time: Michael is an instructor at Hawthorne and you guys live in a personal suite at the school.

Summary: It's a Christmas gathering at Hawthorne! You decide to make hot cocoa with Michael since he's never tried it before.

Warnings: None.

Word count: 990

"Nestle... Swiss miss... Marshmallows... Whipped cream.." You whisper to yourself while shuffling through the cabinets in the kitchen for ingredients to make hot cocoa. While deciding between Nestle and Swiss miss, you hear the kitchen door swing open. Before you get a chance to turn around and see who had just interrupted your quest to make the best hot cocoa, you feel warm hands on your arms from behind. The hands slowly make their way down to your waist as you feel soft and warm breathing on your neck, followed by kisses trailing up and down your jawline and neck.

"Michael.." You whisper, a smile forming on your face. Michael softly tugs on the skin of your neck with his full lips, gently biting it. You slowly shut your eyes and hold his hand in place on your waist and use your other hand to grab the back of his head, stroking his hair and tilting your head back, letting it rest on Michael's chest in satisfaction.

Michael leaves a trail of kisses up your neck and jawline, stopping at your ear.

"What's keeping you in here, and not in our bedroom with me." Michael softly whispers into your ear, with a smirk on his face. You let out a slight giggle and turn around, wrapping your arms around his neck while he kept his tightly around your waist.

"Well, the boys are having a movie night with John Henry and the others. It was Ariel's idea. They've worked hard all semester and he decided to let them have their last day before winter break, off." You explain. "Behold is getting snacks for them and I decided to make some hot cocoa for them." You smile up at Michael.

He pauses for a moment, as his confusion sets in.

"Is it any good?"

"The cocoa?" You ask. Michael nods.

"Michael, have you never had hot cocoa before?" You knew Michael wasn't exactly allowed to do much growing up, but you assumed he at least had the simple pleasures of drinking hot cocoa during the winters and such.

Michael pulls away for a second, glancing at the floor. He looks back up after taking a moment to himself.

"Y/N, my grandmother hid me away from the world and never even let me have human interaction, let alone sweets of any kind." Michael replies, with a weak smile.

Your heart aches at the sight of him in any sort of pain. It hurt you that he never got a real childhood and that he was given up on by almost everyone in his life. Except for you, en, and the warlock council of course.

You quickly give him a soft peck on his lips and caress his face. "Would you want to make some with me? It's super easy to make and tastes good." You smile at him, still caressing his face and brushing his blond hair out of his face. Michael inhales the surrounding air and begins to nod while smiling down at you.

"This is a swiss miss. It's an okay-ish brand." You explain, showing him the different types of hot cocoa brands there are. "This, however-" You say, grabbing a box of nestle.

"-is Nestle Toll House. My personal favorite. It has a little more flavor than swiss miss."

"But essentially... They are the same?" Michael asks. You open your mouth and pause for a moment.

"Yeah.. the taste differs a little bit... but yeah it's all still hot cocoa.." You let out a slight chuckle. "The fun part, in my opinion, is the toppings. We have whipped cream, which you can top with sprinkles or caramel and chocolate drizzle. Or you can add some marshmallows!" You exclaim.

You lay out the ingredients in front of Michael and let him try them out. "Here, try out all of these toppings, and whichever one you like best, you can add to your hot cocoa." After carefully examining and reflecting on each topping, Michael concluded that whipped cream and sprinkles were the way to go. "Great! Now, you can make your cocoa the way you like it, and I'll make mine. Then we can switch and try each other's out."

You and Michael both begin working on what you both believe, is the correct hot cocoa recipe. While mixing the sweet drink, Michael carefully sprays some whipped cream into his hand.

Catching you off-guard, he covers your nose in the sugary cream. Usually, you'd want to get him back for this, but instead, you let him have his fun and take the defeat. Laughing, he kisses your nose and wipes the cream away.

"Done!" You say, planting the drink in front of Michael in your palms. He gives you his drink, you give him yours. Both of you carefully took a sip of one another's drink. "For the first time making cocoa, this is pretty good Michael." You exclaimed.

"Thank you." He smirked. After taking a sip of your drink, Michael places the mug back down. While doing so, you noticed some whipped cream on the top of his lip. Reaching your hand up to his face, to wipe it off, he gently grabs your arm and pulls you in, so that now both of your bodies were pressed together. He brushes his lips against yours. Michael worked his lips around yours and softly bit your bottom lip, before letting you go.

"Sweet and delicious." He whispers, breath getting caught on your lips.

"You like my cocoa?" You ask.

"I wasn't talking about the cocoa," Michael replies with a smirk. You giggle and pull him in for another kiss.

"Michael?"

"Yes, love?"

"What's keeping you in here, and not taking me to our bedroom?"

Michael smiles and quickly picks you up in his arms, causing you to burst out in laughter, as he carried you out of the kitchen.

"Well, since you asked, that's exactly what I'm going to do now."